I have entities that were created via an Excel import. I would like to change the data type of some of these values. Everything came in as text and I'll need to change the length of some, and the type of others. 

Can I change the type in the resulting entities or do the Entities need to be created with the proper types prior to importation?

Is there an article someone can point me to or let me which avenue to take?

Thanks, Brad

Bradford Jones wrote:

I have entities that were created via an Excel import. I would like to change the data type of some of these values. Everything came in as text and I'll need to change the length of some, and the type of others. 

Can I change the type in the resulting entities or do the Entities need to be created with the proper types prior to importation?

Thanks, Brad

Hello

Short Answer:

Yes you can change entities atributes that were bootstraped from excel.

Long answer:

You can change the atribute types of entities but you will have problems if you try to change incompatible types like a text to integer and that atribute have values that are NAN in there or text to date 

I do not remember if it will not allow to change the value or will create a new collumn with empty values and remove the old one with values from outsystems.

Carlos Gonçalves wrote:

Bradford Jones wrote:

Thanks, Brad

Hello

Short Answer:

Yes you can change entities atributes that were bootstraped from excel.

Long answer:

You can change the atribute types of entities but you will have problems if you try to change incompatible types like a text to integer and that atribute have values that are NAN in there or text to date 

I do not remember if it will not allow to change the value or will create a new collumn with empty values and remove the old one with values from outsystems.

Thanks, I'll make sure that the data in the column are compatible with that type prior to changing it. This should handle my text to integer, I'll try to make sure conversions to boolean have a zero or one in them.

I do know that I will be changing some text values to dates. I'll make sure that any text dates or in the correct format for sql server.

Thanks. Brad