Hello,

In a web application, how do you open a modal window from within a screen action ?  I have been able to open a modal window from a link or button on a screen, but I also need to be able to open one from a screen action.

Cheers, Richard.

Solution

Hi Richard,

Are you talking about a popup screen opened with the Popup_Editor widget? If so, you can place a hidden button/link in your page that will open the popup and then use the Widget_Click action from the RichWidgets module in your screen action to "click" that hidden button.

Solution

Hi Richard,

Not sure if I understand your question but the answer that comes to mind is: drop a "Run Server Action" in your screen action and select the toggleModal action....

Cheerst,

Toine

I'll second Aurelio's anwser, and add that you can even do that in the Preparation.

Toine Tuerlings wrote:

Hi Richard,

Not sure if I understand your question but the answer that comes to mind is: drop a "Run Server Action" in your screen action and select the toggleModal action....

Cheerst,

Toine

Hi Toine,

I had tried this but it does not work.  The modal has to be opened from a button or a link.

Cheers, Richard.

Richard Pearce wrote:

Toine Tuerlings wrote:

Hi Richard,

Cheerst,

Toine

Hi Toine,

I had tried this but it does not work.  The modal has to be opened from a button or a link.

Cheers, Richard.

But that's what I do all the time.....still don't see the issue with using a Modal. Mind you, I am not talking about the popup widget but about the toggleModal action (V11).

Richard Pearce wrote:

Toine Tuerlings wrote:

Hi Richard,

Cheerst,

Toine

Hi Toine,

Cheers, Rich

Hello

Just to make sure, when you use toggle modal, actions can not be submit type or have ajax refresh that encapsule the modal widget. Why? because it will reset the modal display to none since the toggle use javascript to show and hide.

Just to remind hope it helps.