Charts not displaying in screen based on Dashboard Template bug??

Hi while investigating a query on the forum, it appears we have come across a possible issue when creating a new screen based on templates with a chart (Ver 11).

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/49381/web-development-course-11-6-i-do-not-see-the-chart/ 

When attempting to create a new screen the chart appears in the widget tree but does not appear on the IDE Layout (although does display on the web page once published).

To recreate issue:

Create new application (Web/Responsive)

From Mainflow, drag web screen widget, select Workflow Dashboard and create screen. Screen is then created with no Chart placeholder

Recent Changes:

This has worked in the past correctly and I have noticed I am able to create a screen with a chart successfully from an existing Application in my development environment.

One possible cause may be due to a recent update completed for the Charts after warning messages in True change

Any thoughts on cause of this issue?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll try to see if someone from OS can take a look at this.

Hi Mark,

One thing you can try to do is to click on Manage Dependencies on the top toolbar and then click on the Refresh All button. 

Another is to refresh the Charts Web component, using the ringbell on Service Studio Home page:

(And then refresh the dependencies again)

If that does not work I suggest you report an issue:

So that we can have a bit more information on the problem.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago/Kilian,

Thanks for your response. I did have a look at the Forge updates but have none available

Had also tried to update the charts via the dependencies button, but no luck. I did notice that the fresh button appears to be grayed out and does not trigger the refresh all like it used to.

Have also reported an issue via the menu option earlier (Case #2193981) 

Cheers,

Mark

Solution

Hi Mark,

That seems to be a bug in the latest version of the Charts. This should only happen inside Service Studio, and if you publish your application it should work correctly (given that there is data to show in the chart).
We are taking a look into it and will publish a fix soon. 

Cheers,

Tiago Simões

Solution

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Mark,

That seems to be a bug in the latest version of the Charts. This should only happen inside Service Studio, and if you publish your application it should work correctly (given that there is data to show in the chart).
We are taking a look into it and will publish a fix soon. 

Cheers,

Tiago Simões

Hey together,

I have the same issue.

Like Tiago wrote this happens just inside Service Studio...

Best regards

Tobias

Hi Tiago,

Thanks for the update and appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Mark

Looks like OutSystems have updated the Charts Module. 

Select Charts from the IDE Forge Update

Then update your dependencies in your project, Refresh all, then Apply

Your Charts should reappear.

Cheers,

Mark