Was following this article in order to create a layout popup for web, but got stuck on step 5 which says, "Set the LinkOrButtonWidget property of the Popup_Editor to the Id runtime property of the link."

What is the "Id runtime property of the link," and where can I find it?

outsystems_account1111 outsystems_account1111 wrote:

Was following this article in order to create a layout popup for web, but got stuck on step 5 which says, "Set the LinkOrButtonWidget property of the Popup_Editor to the Id runtime property of the link."

What is the "Id runtime property of the link," and where can I find it?

Hi,

The "Id" is of link or button when you click on this and open popup.

Like provide Button or Link name is "OpenPopUp" and pass it to Popup_Editor property LinkOrButtonWidget "OpenPopUp.Id".


Thanks

Rahul


Rahul Sahu wrote:

outsystems_account1111 outsystems_account1111 wrote:

Was following this article in order to create a layout popup for web, but got stuck on step 5 which says, "Set the LinkOrButtonWidget property of the Popup_Editor to the Id runtime property of the link."

What is the "Id runtime property of the link," and where can I find it?

Hi,

The "Id" is of link or button when you click on this and open popup.

Like provide Button or Link name is "OpenPopUp" and pass it to Popup_Editor property LinkOrButtonWidget "OpenPopUp.Id".


Thanks

Rahul


I filled the link name ("popup") and added "popup.Id" to the LinkOrButtonWidget field in Popup_Editor, but I'm still getting an error. Error message:

"Invalid Expression
Can't identify 'popup' element in expression."

Hi outsystems_account1111,

can you attach oml or screenshots.


Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi outsystems_account1111,

can you attach oml or screenshots.


For sure. Here's the link properties:

Here's the Popup_Editor properties (these are on a separate screen called "WebScreen1"):

outsystems_account1111 outsystems_account1111 wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi outsystems_account1111,

can you attach oml or screenshots.


For sure. Here's the link properties:

Here's the Popup_Editor properties (these are on a separate screen called "WebScreen1"):

Hi,

Please once follow this step.

1. double click on "LinkOrButtonWidget " popupeditor property

2. Find widgets option and find your link or button here and clikc here

like- 


Hope this help.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

outsystems_account1111 outsystems_account1111 wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi outsystems_account1111,

can you attach oml or screenshots.


For sure. Here's the link properties:

Here's the Popup_Editor properties (these are on a separate screen called "WebScreen1"):

Hi,

Please once follow this step.

1. double click on "LinkOrButtonWidget " popupeditor property

2. Find widgets option and find your link or button here and clikc here

like- 


Hope this help.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

There isn't a Widgets folder inside Popup_Editor. The closest thing I was able to find is a RichWidgets section inside of the User Functions folder.



Share your oml file  i think you missed something.

I probably did. Although I tried to follow the article to the t. Link to the oml: https://www.mediafire.com/file/chh0hh0kvv2n3bq/IncidentManagement.oml/file


Tried to attach, but it says extension not supported (funnily enough)

outsystems_account1111 outsystems_account1111 wrote:

I probably did. Although I tried to follow the article to the t. Link to the oml: https://www.mediafire.com/file/chh0hh0kvv2n3bq/IncidentManagement.oml/file


Tried to attach, but it says extension not supported (funnily enough)

Hi , 

as i am seeing you are using popup editor on "WebScreen1" page and you are using the link "popup" is on "otkloneniyaDetail" page. that why the error occured.

where you want to open popup link and popup_editor  should be on same page.

Just remove popup from "webscreen1" and use popup_editor on "otkloneniyaDetail page"

Find Screenshot-


Hope this will help you


Thanks

Rahul Sahu


But step 2 says "Create a new screen for the popup." Is that not what was meant there? How can I create a new screen inside the "otkloneniyaDetail" screen? Also, are screen and page considered the same thing? 

Very sorry for making you answer so many questions. I'm very new to the platform and not familiar with all the terminology. This has already been extremely helpful.

Solution

Hi,

1.But step 2 says "Create a new screen for the popup." That means which screen you want to open using popup.

In above answer - Just remove popup from "webscreen1" and use popup_editor on "otkloneniyaDetail page" and set Link destination "Webscreen1".




Solution

Ooooh that makes sense. I should've been reading more carefully. Thank you so much again! That was extremely helpful. Working now.