Saving the data into database

Hi All,

I'm Developing an application in Web Module,I want to save the data in the database,I saw the videos but still I'm facing the problem on saving the data.

Thanks

Sai Susmitha wrote:

Hi All,

I'm Developing an application in Web Module,I want to save the data in the database,I saw the videos but still I'm facing the problem on saving the data.

Thanks

Hi Sai Susmitha,

can you describe which type problem you have facing. because outsystem bootcamp video has enough material to how to develop outsystem app.

Kind Regard

Rahul

Hi Sai Susmitha,

In order to store data in the database you will:

• First need to create Entities to store said data (check lessons Database Entities and Modeling Data Relationships). OutSystems will generate tables on the database based on the entity definition, so you will be able to store data records there;
  • Define a variable with a data type of the Entity you want to store in the database (check lesson Variables in OutSystems). Do it for each entity record you want to store;
  • Set its attributes to the values you want to store (check lesson Actions and Exception Handling);
  • Use the entity's action CreateEntity or CreateOrUpdateEntity to actually store them in the database (check again lesson Database Entities, around the 6:23 mark).

Everything I just described and linked to lessons is part of the online training which you mention having watched. I recommend you review the entire course on Developing OutSystems Web Applications again, including the exercises that include detailed instructions on how to do these things and much more. I'm sure a lot of your questions will be addressed there.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Fixed broken links.

Rahul Sahu wrote:Actually i was unable to store the data into the database

Sai Susmitha wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks

Hi Sai Susmitha,

can you describe which type problem you have facing. because outsystem bootcamp video has enough material to how to develop outsystem app.

Kind Regard

Rahul

Hi Sai,

That's not enough information to help you. Jorge has explained how to store data in the database, I suggest you follow the steps he laid out.

Sai Susmitha wrote:

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Sai Susmitha,

In order to store data in the database you will:

• First need to create Entities to store said data (check lessons Database Entities and Modeling Data Relationships). OutSystems will generate tables on the database based on the entity definition, so you will be able to store data records there;
  • Define a variable with a data type of the Entity you want to store in the database (check lesson Variables in OutSystems). Do it for each entity record you want to store;
  • Set its attributes to the values you want to store (check lesson Actions and Exception Handling);
  • Use the entity's action CreateEntity or CreateOrUpdateEntity to actually store them in the database (check again lesson Database Entities, around the 6:23 mark).

Everything I just described and linked to lessons is part of the online training which you mention having watched. I recommend you review the entire course on Developing OutSystems Web Applications again, including the exercises that include detailed instructions on how to do these things and much more. I'm sure a lot of your questions will be addressed there.

Hope this helps!

Thankyou 

But the links which suggested were not opening

Hi Sai,

Jorge has explained how to store data in the database,

And respectivaly i am attached one oml please go throught it once.

Hope this will help

Thanks

Rahul

Hi Sai Susmitha,

I've fixed the broken links, the URLs were missing a parameter.