How to place a table in form

Hi, do anyone know how to put a record table in form?

i want to place my editable table in form but i'm not allowed.

that editable table i want to place it at the same place with date, no machine, and location (these 3 attributes in the form) but it seems like i can't place my editable table in form. anyone care to explain and tell me how?

Hi,

You can't put it directly in the form.
But you can put it in a Web Block and the Web Block can be put in the Form.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like a good idea for me...

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi,

You can't put it directly in the form.
But you can put it in a Web Block and the Web Block can be put in the Form.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like a good idea for me...

Cheers.

why it doesn't sound like a good idea? 

Because a Form is used to group inputs that you want to submit to the server.
The Editable Table will work completely separated from the Form. 

So, first thing, if your Editable Table is showing a DETAIL LIST of the record being edit by the Form, like in an Order (Form) OrderItems (Editable Table), the Editable Table should be enabled / visible only if the Record already exists.

So, In my opinion, to avoid confusion for the User, that may want to add records here before creating the record in the form (which would cause an error due the FK not existing yet), or even worse, think that the records in the Editable table are saved only if it clicks the Form Save/Submit button, you shouldn't put this inside the Form.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Because a Form is used to group inputs that you want to submit to the server.
The Editable Table will work completely separated from the Form. 

So, first thing, if your Editable Table is showing a DETAIL LIST of the record being edit by the Form, like in an Order (Form) OrderItems (Editable Table), the Editable Table should be enabled / visible only if the Record already exists.

So, In my opinion, to avoid confusion for the User, that may want to add records here before creating the record in the form (which would cause an error due the FK not existing yet), or even worse, think that the records in the Editable table are saved only if it clicks the Form Save/Submit button, you shouldn't put this inside the Form.

Cheers.

aahh i got what u mean thank you, but in my case here i want to make a daily checklist website, so the form must include the checklist of the items, that's why i need to put my table in the form. But soon i realized like what u said that form is used to group inputs and my table is not in the group, any idea to solve this??

thank you so much

Like I said. 

Put your form, and when it saves the record, you show the table for it to add records for your other entity. 

Cheers