Can we import external .dot code into outsystem?

Can we import external .dot code into outsystem?

Not really a clear question, but if you mean .net code you can do it using integration studio, in principle you can use any code in outsystems if you can call it using a .net layer which you integrate using integration studio. 

regards,

WIm

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Not really a clear question, but if you mean .net code you can do it using integration studio, in principle you can use any code in outsystems if you can call it using a .net layer which you integrate using integration studio. 

regards,

WIm

Thanks for the reply.

But if I had made an application in outsystems and suppose after 2-3 years down the line I want my code to shift to basic .net. So can I get that code from outsystems if I were still  between my license period ?  

Hi,

This question is already many times answered on the forum.

For example in post https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35605/how-to-get-source-code-after-development/

Regards,

Daniel

You can but in reality it's not something you would want to do .. in the early days we tried it with a small webapp, but the code you get out of it is not easy to maintain or change, you can however keep the website running without the outsystems tools, and in the mean time create a new solution .. but in the end why you would want to do that.. going back to .net or whatever solution Microsoft is offering currently isn't comparable with the offer of OutSystems, also good ..net developers will be harder and harder to find and will come at a big cost.

regards,

Wim