I know that OS does not support(or expose) Venn Diagram in its Chart Library. It uses HighChart to create the charts.

How would one go about using the OS HighChart Libraries to render a venn diagram?

Hi Joachim,

You would add the required JSON to the chart's JSON Input Parameters. To change the chart type, you most likely would add something to HighchartsJSON.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Joachim,

You would add the required JSON to the chart's JSON Input Parameters. To change the chart type, you most likely would add something to HighchartsJSON.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for the reply. I followed the MoreCharts Forge Component way of creating new charts but encountered issues. Apparently, OS11 uses HighChart ver 6.1.4, and VennDiagram is only available from ver 7.0.0 onwards.

With that said, does it mean I have to override all highchart js files in OS? Is that even possible?

Well, if you don't include the Charts component, it's technically not "overriding" but just adding them. This is possible (I did it long ago when OS didn't have a Charts component), but quite some work.

Joachim Leow wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Joachim,

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for the reply. I followed the MoreCharts Forge Component way of creating new charts but encountered issues. Apparently, OS11 uses HighChart ver 6.1.4, and VennDiagram is only available from ver 7.0.0 onwards.

With that said, does it mean I have to override all highchart js files in OS? Is that even possible?

Hi Joachim,

You can use the AddJavaScriptTag action from HTTPRequestHandler in a preparation and indicate the latest JS file from HighCharts for your screen.

In the JavaScriptURL, just specify the location of the JS file. Another way is to upload into your Resources and specify the JS file location accordingly. 

See more explanation of how to import JS files from this page https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35209/adding-a-external-js-javascript-file-to-web-application/

Once you publish and check the version from the DevTools, you should be able to see that the latest version is now 7.1.2

Hope this helps.