Hi there, 

Suppose I have some list of Calculations

Calc A (In1, In2, Out1)
Calc B (In1, In2, In3, Out1, Out2, Out3, Out4)
Calc C (In1, Out1)
Calc D (In1, Out1, Out2)

Each calculation has its own input, output variables, calculation method and design of the input form for inputting and showing values of output variables.

The main goal is to enable the user to select any calculation, enter input data, calculate and save results.

How can I implement this more correct way in outsystems?

Hi Mirzarashid,

Let me start by saying that this seems something that OutSystems is a poor match for. OutSystems is a great platform for developing business applications, but what you are trying to achieve seems something very specialized and I bet there are far better (standard) tooling out there for such problems.

That said, you can do this in OutSystems, by using a lot of If Widgets on your Screen containing Web Blocks for the specific calculations, and a lot of If or Switch Statements calling the right Actions for the specific selected calculations. But it won't be pretty...

Hi Kilian,

Thank you for support.

First, this case is absolutely a business case, for example: the calculation of annuity or differentiated payments when issuing a loan, and so on ... depending on the product, the calculations may be different.

Second, I did exactly as you say, and I thought that maybe there is a more convenient option for how this can be done.

Thanks

Solution

Hi Mirzarashid,

Unfortunately there's not - but I consider this a good thing, as solving this in a programmatically satisfactory way would involve concepts that are very much not low-code :).

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Mirzarashid,

Unfortunately there's not - but I consider this a good thing, as solving this in a programmatically satisfactory way would involve concepts that are very much not low-code :).

Hi Kilian,

I see. I think it would be an @extension that dynamically creates a @web block, depends on the configuration file, for example, JSON or XML, which contains all the variables and design of @web block.

Thanks.

Yes, something like that, but dynamic Forms, Web Blocks etc. aren't possible with OutSystems, at least not based on JSON or XML. Which again, I think is a good thing except for edge-cases like yours.