Hi every body

i have a question about how to screen MyInfo can be display info because i'm not found exactly screen define mapping with content display as image bellow :

define screen at MainFollow

Real display

seem not mapping with design so i don't know how to it can be display like image above.Because i want to modify this screen, so somebody can be help me explain about working mechanism of this screen ?

Thanks

Best regard

TungNguyen

Hi Tung,

I'm not sure what exactly do you thing doesn't match up? To me it pretty much looks the same.

Hi Tung,

Looks like you are running another screen which you might have designed using expression to fetch data. 

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Tung,

I'm not sure what exactly do you thing doesn't match up? To me it pretty much looks the same.

As design, contain form edit infomation but when screen display not same that,so i don't know how to it display like that

Diyab Rehman wrote:

Hi Tung,

Looks like you are running another screen which you might have designed using expression to fetch data. 

I tries debug not have any action (as preparation) and not found design contain label and expression to display about name or email,so how to it can be display that info

Solution

Hi Tung,

Kilian is right, what you must remember is that in the design editor you see all possible elements that might be shown on a screen, but very often some of the elements are hidden in the real application based on the situation or state your application is in.

Things to look out for are the IF widget, an expression in the Display property or the Visible property of the widget, or there might even be some CSS or Javascript at work.

So in the case of this MyInfo Screen, you can see there is an IF widget showing either the top webblock or the bottom webblock, dependent on the value of variable 'ShowChangePassword'.  

This boolean has a default value of False, So that explains why, when you open the screen, the top part is shown, and the bottom part is not.

The value of the boolean is set to True when user chooses 'Change Password', so you could try that to see if you get the bottom part on your test screen...

When user chooses OK or Cancel on one of the webblocks, the boolean is toggled back to False, and the top part is shown again.  

The buttons are on a webblock, so the fact that they are pressed is passed back to the MyInfo screen by sending an Notify event, the screen then toggles the boolean back to False

Now, to understand why the Save and Cancel button of the top part are not shown, you will have to dig a little deeper.  Those buttons are not part of the MyInfo screen but of the UserManagement\EditMyInfo
WebBlock that lives in another eSpace (Users).  

In the clone of the Users eSpace, you can see that here again inside the WebBlock an IF widget was used to determine if an editable or a read-only version is shown.  The version you see in your tests is the read only version.

Hope this explains to you what is happening,

Dorine

Solution