Hi

I am currently developing an application of issuing notice. So I want to have this offline functionality where if I were to have no internet connection I want to save the data(I have created an entity for this) on some cache etc. and after internet comes I want to push that data into table.

How can I develop this capability both in mobile app and Web app?

Solution

Hi Shubham,

First of all offline capabillity is only available in OutSystems mobile app.

1. So you would make a mobile application where you allow the user to add / edit records to the local entity.
  2. Then you create a backend application with a server version of your local entity
  3. You implement a sync pattern to sync the local entities changes on when your mobile device is connected to the internet.

I suggest you follow the guided path mobile app developer, which basically covers all these topics. You will develop a ToDo application, the todo items are stored locally and synced back to the server so that on server you can also build functionality on the todo lists.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/115/developing-mobile-apps-outsystems-11/?LearningPathId=1

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

In addition to what Daniël wrote, here's the official documentation on offline data synchronisation. Also check out the other topics, from the lefthandside menu.