Hi,

Sudently I can't reach my app, appears me this message:

When I am logged in /Users I have accces to the page but, when I log off, happens me above situation.
Before I never logged in /Users and still have access to the page.
Hope someone can help me.
Thank you.

Hi John,

You need to login to Service Center and check the error log for any error that you get when you try to access your application.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for your help.
I did what you ask and get this log:

I have two Users A and C, it says C role requeried, how to do that?

Hi John,

You need to go to users and add the role C to the user you were using to login. Check this document to understand how to do it .

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi John,

Looking at the attached error screen and error trace, primarly it looks the user role issue (Marcelo also pointed above along with possible resolution). It could also happen the user itself inherits the accessibility from group. In such case refer Manage Groups and Roles manual.

Hi,

Thank you both for helping me.

I can't do the way Marcelo said, because I'm using free version.

Only way to manage Users is by: modulename.outsystemscloud.com/Users where I created two: AD and CO:

I gave them roles:

And the developement area I have same roles too:

And gave restricted access to the webpage according to the role:

Still get trouble. If you have any suggestion, pelase tel me know.
Thank you.

The error I'm geting is same but with CO User:

How can I give that role required or enable that?

Hi John,

The bottom part of your error details tells you something about where the code was executing when the exception was thrown.  

In your case, it is during the CheckPermissions action inside the NoPermission screen.

If you can't deduce by looking at the code or exception details what is wrong, the next step would be to debug that part of your system.  So if I were you, I would set a breakpoint at the start of the Common/NoPermission screen and then recreate the steps leading to the error.

by the looks of your error details, nobody was logged in at time of test, when I raise exceptions, the error details show the id of the logged in user between tenant and session id, yours is empty...

good luck,

Dorine

(

by the way, it looks to me like maybe you have a different set up / implementation of the NoPermission screen.

When I create a new module, the Vanilla set up is that Users are authenticated internally in the Users module of OS, and I don't see any CheckPermissions step inside the NoPermission screen.

So if none if this was changed at your end, you should either get a screen saying that you don't have permission, or if not logged in, be redirected to the login screen.  Not an exception !

)

Hi Dorine,

Thank you for your answer.
I idea is exactly how you said, if no user is logged in, it should show the login page, and not that error.

The preparation seems me equal to a normal. I tried to put breakpoint on start point of that prepartion but it do not reach that point, the error it before, I think it do not enter there.

When I am logged in modulename.outsystemscloud.com/Users with the main user it works fine. But I can't be logged all the time in Users. I think I made any changes, and I do not where, I was hoping that the log could help.

Hi John,

if a breakpoint is not reached, just put it earlier until you get to see what is happening.

But, where? It cannot connect to server, so there is no way to test the breakpoint.
I solved, better, jumped the situation by creating another app, then copy all the webpages individualy (not entire module, because that way it does'nt work) And it's working now.
I will be watchful to the solution to know why this happens.
Thank you for your time and being helpful.

Hi John,

happy to hear you found a way around this.  I know this is not as satisfying as finding the cause of the problem, but at some point, you just have to move on...

John John wrote:

But, where? It cannot connect to server, so there is no way to test the breakpoint.
I solved, better, jumped the situation by creating another app, then copy all the webpages individualy (not entire module, because that way it does'nt work) And it's working now.

Glad to know it worked but a bit strange it didn't work with the original app. Copying the webpage to new app worked, which leads that the rights on the old app were somehow incorrect.

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

John John wrote:

Glad to know it worked but a bit strange it didn't work with the original app. Copying the webpage to new app worked, which leads that the rights on the old app were somehow incorrect.

Ah, I see User management is not accessible to you (free version).

Hi Kumar,

Thank you Kumar to pay attention to the problem and trying to get a solution.

Hi John John,

In your original application (the one with the error), can you please check what are the Roles ticked for your NoPermissions web screen (by default all roles should be ticked)?

The CheckPermissions call seen in the stack trace of your error could be automatically added by the platform when the Anonymous role is not checked on a Screen.