Hi all,

I am trying to do a customized mobile chat application. I have seen this post and configured the firebase for my mobile application. I am trying to do the same but not able to achieve it.

I have attached the OML file with this post. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Gowtham

Hi Gowtham,

It is nice you attached the oml but stil for someone to help you he/she would need considerable time to follow the post that you use. Maybe you can get faster help in specifying where in the configuration process you have a problem, what the problem is (error messages?).

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My issue is I have configured the firebase in my application to refresh the page and show the latest message another user has sent me. But the refresh is not working as expected so I have navigate between the pages to see the latest message.

My expected solution is that, once I receive a chat message from other user my chat screen should refresh automatically and show the latest message.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Hi Gowtham,

I can't test it myself without some Firebase configuration, for which I don't have time now.

So if I understand correct for the event NewNotification the FirebaseCloudMessagingNewNotification event handler is not fired as you expect.

Did you check service center error log? 

You could also implement the event handler for the ErrorEvent event.

Maybe that will give you more information about the problem.

Regards,

Daniel

Gowtham wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to do a customized mobile chat application. I have seen this post and configured the firebase for my mobile application. I am trying to do the same but not able to achieve it.

I have attached the OML file with this post. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Gowtham

Hi all,

Please use the OML attached to this message.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Gowtham,

You don't want to use Cloud Messaging for that. You want to use plain firebase. Check Shoutsystems for that behavior.

Cheers.

Armando Gomes wrote:

Gowtham,

You don't want to use Cloud Messaging for that. You want to use plain firebase. Check Shoutsystems for that behavior.

Cheers.

Hi Armando,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have used the both firebase and firebase cloud messaging in my application. But still it is not working. I have configured my application based on shoutsystems only.

Shoutsystems uses "vanilla firebase". You need to enable the real-time database on your firebase project for the communication to flow.

Armando Gomes wrote:

Shoutsystems uses "vanilla firebase". You need to enable the real-time database on your firebase project for the communication to flow.

I have enabled real-time database in my console. Refer to the attached screenshot.

"bn" was the last message I sent.

The target identifier is Chat1. Your firebase receiver identifier needs to be Chat1.

Armando Gomes wrote:

The target identifier is Chat1. Your firebase receiver identifier needs to be Chat1.

When I change my firebase receiver identifier to Chat1 the target identifier is changed to Chat11.

Check the screenshot and OML.

Each "receiver" needs to have its own identifier - so that's why shoutsystems uses "FbTarget"+GetUserId().

Armando Gomes wrote:

Each "receiver" needs to have its own identifier - so that's why shoutsystems uses "FbTarget"+GetUserId().

Should I also use the same identifier?

Just use something that will make it unique.

What should be configured in the firebase console while creating a new identifier for name and value.

Refer to this.

I have configured those things. But still no luck. Once I send a message the data in firebase console is refreshed but the chat mobile screen is not getting refreshed automatically and showing the new message.

Can you check and say whether my FirebaseReceiverAlertEventReceived handle is right or should I do anything specific in that handler.

Shoutsystems does this perfectly. Refer to that, debug it and apply that to your project.

Hey Gowtham,

Were you able to follow shoutsystems implementation and make it work?

Cheers!