About a glitch when dragging and dropping Entities to an designated Aggregate

It's about a glitch happening when dragging Entities to an Aggregate.

I'm currently taking the Training course( Developing Web Apps (OutSystems 11) ).

I'm having difficulty adding Entities to the sourses.

This is what happens when I try to drag and drop a Entity to an Aggregate.

I'd like you to look at  the above images. Also I have attached the zip file (6.6Exercise material) that I have a problem.

The first one is part of the lesson material for the course
”Data Queries and Widgets II Exercise” in the chapter ”Basic Scrren Development ?”.

The second one is the scrren showing an error mark I get when I drag and drop the Entities to the Aggregate.

I was wondering if you could tell me about how to figure out this glitch.

Look forward to it !

Hi Tsubasa, 

It seems you are trying to drag and drop an entity that is already in the sources. 

It is not possible to drag & drop a second time the same entity, and as you already have it there, you don't need to add a second time. 

However, ifyou need to do this in a different context, you can add more times the same entity as source using the Add Source link at the bottom of the sources list. As in the SQL, it will receive a different name (aliás). 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Tsubasa, 

It seems you are trying to drag and drop an entity that is already in the sources. 

It is not possible to drag & drop a second time the same entity, and as you already have it there, you don't need to add a second time. 

However, ifyou need to do this in a different context, you can add more times the same entity as source using the Add Source link at the bottom of the sources list. As in the SQL, it will receive a different name (aliás). 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 

I appreciate you telling me the cause of the glitch.

I got what you said. I'll give it a try !

Thanks for your reply.

Solution

Note that this behaviour is a little odd, and not at all intuitive. Sometimes you just want to drag/drop the same entity twice...

Solution

I agree. 

On the other hand, it avoid you making a mistake dragging twice the same entity, and this is very common in drag & drop environments. 

I do this all the time xD

One person's mistake is another person's deliberate action :). That said, it could show a warning instead of an error.

Agree :) 

Btw, here's an Idea I created a while ago concerning drag/drop entity improvements.