[XML Records] XML to RecordList to skip "comments" within "" tags

Forge Component
(39)
Published on 27 May by João Melo
39 votes
Published on 27 May by João Melo

Hi,

I am currently using the XML to RecordList, I added a replace command on the XML text to replace the whole comment to make it work.

Is there a way to skip comments inside "<!-- " and "-->" tags ? if I don't use the replace command, the XMLtoRecordList is taking the comment as  primary node to match the record definition tag, giving an error "The current node (%23comment) does not match the record definition (xxyy)".

Currently, Replace command is working but this may not work if they changed anything inside the comment tags.

Thank you.

-Edwin

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Hi,

I am currently using the XML to RecordList, I added a replace command on the XML text to replace the whole comment to make it work.

Is there a way to skip comments inside "<!-- " and "-->" tags ? if I don't use the replace command, the XMLtoRecordList is taking the comment as  primary node to match the record definition tag, giving an error "The current node (%23comment) does not match the record definition (xxyy)".

Currently, Replace command is working but this may not work if they changed anything inside the comment tags.

Thank you.

-Edwin

Or if there is a way to specify the primary node of the XML so we can easily skip everything before the primary or parent node.

Thanks again!

-Edwin

Hi Edwin,

My apologies for the late reply, but I'll have some time to look at this very soon. I'll see about adding an option to skip comments.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Edwin,

My apologies for the late reply, but I'll have some time to look at this very soon. I'll see about adding an option to skip comments.

Thank you, Afonso!