Why "CONVERT AGGREGATE TO SQL" is be unavailable?

Hi,

The documentation says that there is a possibility to convert an Aggregate to an Advanced SQL (see here). I have an Aggregate that was automatically created by Service Studio (I've just dragged an entity on a screen). I've removed dynamic sorting and from now it seems that there are no obstacles to do the conversion. But the key button (CONVERT AGGREGATE TO SQL) is still invisible.

Has anybody any idea what else should I do to get this functionality working?

Regards

Tomasz

Hello Tomasz,

In limitations section: "This feature is not available for Aggregates in Client Actions or mobile screens.". Are you sure you are not trying to use the feature in Client actions?

Cheers,

Miguel Marçal

Hi Miguel,

No, it is placed in the Preparation section of a web screen.

Regards

Tomasz

Hello Tomasz,

As per what I understood from the documentation and other posts, is that you can't do it in the preparation either. However, you can create a server action with what you want and use the feature there and then use the server action in the Preparation. 

Refer to https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/47485/client-action/ for more information.

Best regards,

Miguel Marçal

I've tried to reproduce this in my personal area and I can't access this feature as well. I've created an Aggregate inside an action:

The Aggregate does not use Structures, Calculated Attributes, Group By, or Dynamic Sorts:

But the option described in the documentation is not there:

The blue question mark just leads to the documentation on Advanced Queries.

Could there be other limitations not described in the documentation being applied here, or is this feature disabled?

I've asked OutSystems to take a look and tell us what's going on here :).

Thanks a lot, Kilian :-)

Tomasz

Solution

Thanks for the interest on the feature.

Although is referred on the documentation as a feature available on OutSystems 11, but is only available from platform version 11.0.424.3 and onwards, this has been released on May 17th. 

If you have already updated your platform server to the above version you should be able to see the feature on Service Studio. If you have not updated the platform server then the feature will not be available on Service Studio.

For personal environments, the feature is not yet available. Personal environments will be updated to the latest platform version towards the end of the year.

Sorry if you are trying to use on your personal environment.

Solution

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the explanation. As I can see, we must plan the upgrade of our platform.

Regards

Tomasz 

Thank you for the information Fernando.