Hi Outsystems team, I have question regarding the SAP. Once SAP is integrated, is it possible that data from SAP area could cause the data corruption? I have activity where in the sap is required to integrate in our existing application, developed from outsystems, i need additional role for my account in SAP area; which is the idoc-metadata to control the finance  module. But on our System administrator disapproved the request to grant this role, they are worrying that this integration could lead the data corruption. But on our end what we  going to do is display the data only.

John Mark Panaguiton wrote:

Hi Outsystems team, I have question regarding the SAP. Once SAP is integrated, is it possible that data from SAP area could cause the data corruption? I have activity where in the sap is required to integrate in our existing application, developed from outsystems, i need additional role for my account in SAP area; which is the idoc-metadata to control the finance  module. But on our System administrator disapproved the request to grant this role, they are worrying that this integration could lead the data corruption. But on our end what we  going to do is display the data only.

Hi John Mark,

There is no way you can corrupt data when displaying only. However, I wonder why you need the idoc role, because idocs are typically used for creating and updating data. So I understand your administrator’s point of view there. Having said that: it would be impossible to create data inconsistency or cause data corruption using idocs, as these are SAP sanctioned mechanisms for data change. 

Have you looked into the OutSysems SAP connector to read data? That might be a much more straightforward way to get what you need. Also, from an administrator point of view this is easier to control, because you can limit system user authorisations to specific functions. 

Hope this helps!

Roy

Hi Roy, 

The reason why I need to required an additional to my current account in sap area; because I was encountered an error from outsystems; the error was: No RFC authorization for function module RFCPING

Also encountered from sap system; multiple accessing failing log in and my account was locked but I requested to system administrator to reset this; now the error has also change, it is SAP-ROUTER: route permission denied 

What is this error? Do you have recommendation to solve this?

Hi john mark,

RFCPING is indeed a mandatory function, but only when accessing the RFC repository on SAP. Normally you would use a broad authorisation profile to create the RFCs in OutSystems and once finished, run a trace in SAP and create the production system users based on that trace. 

I have not encountered the router error before, but I can only guess you have insufficient access rights. 

Roy

Absolute right! on my account from sap is limited from different authorization. Actually when I tried to generate a report from financial module and wanted to save this on my local machine from sap area, a pop up message was show that the authorization was not my capability. Right now I request to System Administrator to grant my additional access request it is for idoc-metadata. I think once this okay maybe I can capable to success the configuration from outsystems platform to connect in sap area. Thank you Roy for having discussed this problem and I will ask you again if I have a concern for outsystems platfrom. Once again thank you!