Views
Comments
Solved
OneSignal plugin: Failed to register
Question

Hi,

I've followed https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_Use_Push_Notifications_with_OneSignal guide. I have all the Server Key, Sender ID, OneSignal AppID and have set-up the settings accordingly in OneSignal and Firebase settings.

I'm stuck at the "Registering a Device with a User". I've placed the RegisterWithUser action as mentioned in the guide with the AppID = OneSignal AppID.

When I logged in to my app, the "Failed to register" notification appear. I was wondering what am I missing at this point.

Thank you.

Solution

Problem solved.

It turns out that I have to re-generate the app under Native Platform first before the plugin could be loaded. The plugin won't work if I login using the "old build" of the app.

In my OneSignal Dashboard, there's no users (this is expected since my app failed to register the user during app login)

Solution

Problem solved.

It turns out that I have to re-generate the app under Native Platform first before the plugin could be loaded. The plugin won't work if I login using the "old build" of the app.