Hello,

I currently have a difficulty determining the ConnectionName parameter of SetConnectionStringForSession inside PlanformRuntime API.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/PlatformRuntime_API#DatabaseConnection_SetConnectionStringForSession

My current database setup is inside the Outsystems Configuration Tool and I cannot find the connection name being used.

Hi John,

If you only have the database that was configured in configuration tool you don't need to use this. This is only used when you configure more connections on service center to connect to external databases and on those cases you need to define a connection name. Check service center > administration > database connections.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi John,

If you only have the database that was configured in configuration tool you don't need to use this. This is only used when you configure more connections on service center to connect to external databases and on those cases you need to define a connection name. Check service center > administration > database connections.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

We have a requirement to change the user being used to trigger the timer on runtime.

Thus I am planning to use this functionality, but if it can only change the external database connections then I will find other ways.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

John