In version of Service Studio 11.0.537.0 we are experiencing an unexpected error when copying an action between modules.

The issue appears to be that the used structure or actions are not yet referenced as dependencies in the target module.

The modules have no changes.  The action is being copied from the source module to the target module.

The action has an output structure defined in the source module and is public.

The action uses other public actions from the source module which are also public.

The structure and actions from the source module are not referenced as dependencies in the target module.

I right-click on the action in the source module to be copied and select Copy.

Then in the target module I right-click on Server Actions and select Paste.

Service Studio then pauses for a second before showing an "Unexpected error" message (stack trace attached).

However, after adding the output structure and actions as dependencies to the target module, the Paste works successfully.

I am pretty sure copying actions used to add dependencies automatically.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

just an action can be atrouble as well:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33302/exceltorecordlist-problem/

Not to mention if you copy an activity in a running BPT.

Just be careful when copying something in OS, if trouble just create from scratch.

Hi Stuart,

Just tried it on my personal environment, is version 11.0.537.0, and OS doesn't crash, I can even copy an action using non-public items, so there's probably more at play than just OS version.

Hello Stuart,

This is not normal behaviour and should not happen, no matter if it only happens on certain conditions.

Please, open a support ticket describing the problem.

Cheers.

Solution

Hey Stuart,

This is indeed a bug so sorry for the incovenience.

You can copy elements from an application to another and depedendencies will be added automatically (I just double-checked with a simple example).

Despite this, you are hitting a bug that makes the operation misbehave. As a workaround consider addinig the dependencies or copying elements with less granularity for now, as we fix the bug (is already in our maintenance backlog)!

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Solution

Vasco Pessanha wrote:

Hey Stuart,

This is indeed a bug so sorry for the incovenience.

You can copy elements from an application to another and depedendencies will be added automatically (I just double-checked with a simple example).

Despite this, you are hitting a bug that makes the operation misbehave. As a workaround consider addinig the dependencies or copying elements with less granularity for now, as we fix the bug (is already in our maintenance backlog)!

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Great, thank you Vasco.  Yes, that is what we have done to workaround the problem, and it works fine when we do.