[Chat] OutSystems 11 Chat Component Styling

Forge Component
(36)
Published on 2015-11-24 by Hélio Dolores
36 votes
Published on 2015-11-24 by Hélio Dolores

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Web_Patterns/Content/ChatMessage

I'm trying to implement the above chat component into our current application which got upgraded to Outsystems 11. But no matter what I do the styling just comes our as attached. It seems to ignore any styling I add, even changing the settings on the component itself seems to do nothing.

I went to my personal dev environment on OutSystems in the cloud, just did a blank application following instructions in the above link, and still, it does not seem to work. So it's not styling in our app the keeps overwriting it. I did not add any CSS or anything, right now I'm just trying to get the settings on the component to work as it should.

I thought using this chat should be simple, it's a native component now. If anyone can assist me with what I am doing wrong. I can't get it to look like the samples in the link. How do I make it work properly?

Hi Deon,

I'm very sorry for the very late reply. 

This component is completely unrelated to the "ChatMessage" pattern link you've shared. This one was made many years ago and I never updated it to version 11, it might have some UI glitches.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to support this component now. But, since we have these new UI components (chat web patterns) I feel that anyone can create their very own implementations with much better UX.

Have a great day.