[IdP] Not getting userinfo from okta to idp

Forge Component
(37)
Published on 4 Aug (2 weeks ago) by Telmo Martins
37 votes
Published on 4 Aug (2 weeks ago) by Telmo Martins

In okta, i have created several users, with firstname, lastname, login. Those values must be copied to the outsystems users via idp. 

So i have defined claims in idp: 

I get a new user in outsystems with only the username being te username attribute (the full email )

How can i get the other components to my outsystems user?

Hi Marlies Quaadgras,

How are you defining the claims in OKTA?

On OKTA SAML 2.0 configuration you should have attribute statements options, there you should define which are the field and mapping you have to send. On OutSystems side you must use the same name.

Hello Marlies,

There is an exercise that shows the integration of authentication with Okta: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/1884/integrating-with-okta-using-saml-exercise/?LearningPathId=0

I did it recently and everything worked. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

I did the following in Okta : 

as described above, i filled in the claims in the idp config

So i think i defined all the attributes that i need.  Howcome that the username is copied to the outsystems app, but the others are not copied?

What do i need to do more?

Hi Marlies Quaadgras,

Can you please add screenshots of your configuration on IdP component?

Thanks,

Hi Fernando,

You mean this one:

Hello Marlies, 

Did you set, in Okta application, the attributes for the claims (attribute statements)?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Marlies, 

Did you set, in Okta application, the attributes for the claims (attribute statements)?

Cheers.

Yes i did

Solution

I'm not sure if IdP component is case sensitive, but at first glance the string does not match case wise.

Can you please adjust accordingly and try again?

Thanks,

Solution

Thanks Fernando, now it works, i converted the strings from firstName to FirstName in the IDP component, and that did the trick!

Wow, i had searched so much.

Thanks