I am trying to create one pop-up, that on click on one of the items of a table records, it shows one pop-up. The problem is this pop-up opens but closes right away, what can be done to fix this bug?

Is it closing, because an action is refreshing the page?

Checkout this PopUp tutorial.

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Is it closing, because an action is refreshing the page?

Checkout this PopUp tutorial.

I am doing just like this tutorial. Inside that action onnotify I have the pop_editor_notify

Hi Leo, 

1. The action Popup_Editor_Notify is not placed inside the screen action bound to the OnNotify of the Popup_Editor widget. 

This notify action is to be used inside an Screen Action of the Pop-up page, to alert the parent screen about something. This action will trigger the OnNotify action in the parent screen. 

2. If the pop-up is open but is closing immediately, usually there are two reasons. 

A) You have some kind of exception on it. Try to open the pop-up screen directly from the browser URL bar to see if it shows some kind of error. Also check what is you doing in its preparation. You can debug to see if the preparation is reached and is executed normally. 

B) Your Pop-up screen is using a layout that is causing problems. If you didn't, try to replace the default layout that is used when a page is created by a Pop-up layout. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Leo, 

1. The action Popup_Editor_Notify is not placed inside the screen action bound to the OnNotify of the Popup_Editor widget. 

This notify action is to be used inside an Screen Action of the Pop-up page, to alert the parent screen about something. This action will trigger the OnNotify action in the parent screen. 

2. If the pop-up is open but is closing immediately, usually there are two reasons. 

A) You have some kind of exception on it. Try to open the pop-up screen directly from the browser URL bar to see if it shows some kind of error. Also check what is you doing in its preparation. You can debug to see if the preparation is reached and is executed normally. 

B) Your Pop-up screen is using a layout that is causing problems. If you didn't, try to replace the default layout that is used when a page is created by a Pop-up layout. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 

I have added to the OnNotiify screen action the NotifyGetMessage, and now it works

Hi Leo, 

Did you mean you modified the parent screen action called by the OnNotify event of the Pop-up, replacing the Notify by the GetNotifyMessage (used to retireve the message sent in the Notify action)? 

Cheers