Hello,

In my excel sheet that I bootstrap into an entiy. One column on the excel sheet has a number that is 4 Digits long. Some numbers begin with "0" Zero. When the bootstrapping is complete I notice in SQL that the zeros are removed. So for example in the excel sheet the number is "0034" but when I bootstrap the file into the outsystems entity(SQL) database it has changed to "34"

How can I prevent this behavior from happening ?

Thank You

Hi Siavash,

When you import your excel into the outsystems platform, before publishing for the first time, go to the Data tab and change the format of the field you are experiencing this problem (from "Integer" to "Text"). This is because the platform recognizes the data type as numeric.

Another solution, if the field is always numeric, leave it as it is and you will deal with display functions and / or masks.

Hello,

I have it set to text already and getting the above behavior. 

Is there any type of extra conversion or protection I can put on ?

In the "Logic" tab you can change the Server Action (Bootstrap<YourSheet>) by creating a rule for the specific field.

In Assign, create the rule in the specific field:

Solution

Hi Siavash, 

Check if the attribute in the structure used to receive the excel data is also text. 

If it is numeric, probably that's the reason why you're losing the leading zeros (assuming the excel data is really text). 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 

Solution

Hello,

That was the problem. 

The column is now coming in as Text with the leading zeros.

Thank you all for your help