Dragged Elements in Service Studio

I noticed that while dragging Action elements or text inside Service Studio, text will sometimes get stuck on your screen. This happened to me by accident, but once it does, if you do not drag elements again to "overwrite" the stuck text, you are left with it until you restart your computer - not even killing the explorer.exe process will get it go away:

I've managed to reproduce this in both version 10.0.1006.0 of Service Studio, as well as the latest 11, in a variety of Windows 10 computers by selecting the text and dragging it upwards.

Hi Afonso,

Sound like a problem you want to report to OutSystems Support, I doubt anybody on the forum can help you with this. I myself use OS11 daily on Windows 7 and Windows 10, and never experienced the problem you describe.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël,

I looked into the Support categories and none of them looked very fitting for Service Studio feedback - I assumed the forums would be the best place for visibility. I'll try and open a ticket regardless, thank you.

Hi Afonso,

I will pass your information to Outsystems team.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hey Afonso,

How often does this happen to you? Can you reproduce it consistently? 

We have had scenarios like this in the past but usually not easy to reproduce.

Cheers,

Hi Vasco,

It's not very often, this is probably the second or third time in a couple of years of Service Studio usage - it's just that now I've figured out how to make it happen.

I can reproduce this consistently - once I drag text to the top section of Service Studio, it will be stuck there.

Solution

Hey Afonso,

Based on your description I could reproduce it consistently.

We will add this to our maintenance backlog, thanks a lot for reporting it!

Cheers,

Solution

Thank you for the prompt reply Vasco!