Personal Environment: Unable to Restart

Hi Guys,

Need your help, it seems that I am unable to restart my personal environment.

I already click the RESTART PERSONAL a couple of time and the WAKE UP does not show up after 5 minutes of restart.

I have not reached any threshold limit for Database.

Thank you very much.

Michael, from that image it seems that your environment is running?

Can you log onto Service Center and view the Environment Health status and post any recent error message from the error log here?

Hanno wrote:

Michael, from that image it seems that your environment is running?

Can you log onto Service Center and view the Environment Health status and post any recent error message from the error log here?

Yes, I can login to the Personal Environment Service Center. Please see below logs but this is yesterdays log(Current Timezone in Philippines is 08/20/2019 9:30AM)


This is the error that i got when logging in to the Service Studio. 


Michael, I am not sure how long the wake-up/restart will take, but if the problem persists, you should open a support ticket with OutSystems support.

Hanno wrote:

Michael, I am not sure how long the wake-up/restart will take, but if the problem persists, you should open a support ticket with OutSystems support.

Usually After you hit RESTART PERSONAL it will countdown(5 minutes) after that WAKE UP button should show up but in my case it does not.


Noted. My status seems similar to yours. Usually, if I remember correctly, the green icon is not green when your environment is asleep. The green icon would suggest that it is actually already awake? If that is the case, then there is perhaps an out-of-date database property or server state that carries the status of your environment still sleeping. Perhaps the green icon is not reflecting the status correctly? I would open a support ticket anyway if I were you, just in case there is an actual problem with your PE.

Hanno wrote:


Noted. My status seems similar to yours. Usually, if I remember correctly, the green icon is not green when your environment is asleep. The green icon would suggest that it is actually already awake? If that is the case, then there is perhaps an out-of-date database property or server state that carries the status of your environment still sleeping. Perhaps the green icon is not reflecting the status correctly? I would open a support ticket anyway if I were you, just in case there is an actual problem with your PE.

Thank for Hanno, If the problem is not resolve today I will create a ticket.


Michael, did your PE come back to life, or did you create a support ticket?

That message about CPU usage is showing at more PE. Where the environment is just working normally. I think it is an OutSystems problem. I created a support case about it, they it was fixed, but it still appears, but not all the time.

I have that message but PE working just fine.


Hi, My  PE is showing Unsuspend Personal instead of Restart now. Also i am not able to got the Template and also not able to access all the webcomponent i have installed. Please help me to recover that. Waiting for your response.

Thank you,

Sudip