Hi guys,

I am using a web block with a list record. This web block is nested in another web block and this webblock is used in a web page. the user is forced to input data in the webblock. I want him to do at leased one input within the list of records. 

how can I put a validation on this? 

Web block 1

Web Block 2

Nested in Webscreen 

Thanks!

Tobias 

Can you attach the oml for this ? Would just help understand better what you are trying to achieve. 

Cheers,

Tushar 

BigSlikTobi wrote:

Hi guys,

I am using a web block with a list record. This web block is nested in another web block and this webblock is used in a web page. the user is forced to input data in the webblock. I want him to do at leased one input within the list of records. 

how can I put a validation on this? 

Web block 1

Web Block 2

Nested in Webscreen 

Thanks!

Tobias 

Hi BigSlikTobi,

As of my understanding you can use simple ListRecord.List.Empty check and return result to notify web block to page.

Hope it will help :)

Thanks

AV

Hi Tushar, 

I quickly rebuild something like my OML. The problem is that I can validate everything in the "Trip" Webpage but not the Web Block

I might be wrong but i think you want to submit in your form and then validate the data in the web block?

Since the data inside your weblock is not known to your form, this is not possible. What was your reason to put the data in a webblock?

If you put the submit inside your webblock its piece of cake, just as Amit says.

Hi Stefano, 

exactly this is the case. 

as the logic inside the web block is reuseable I thought it might be best practive doing it this way. 

Isn´t there a way to trigger the submit inside the webblock with webpage?  

Easiest way and best practice is to put the submit/save button in your webblock as well.

This way you can perform validation in your webblock just as you normally would do in the form.