Cannot access my environment after database issue

A few days ago ran into the issue where the publish to server failed with the out of space error. "...because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full."

The Lifetime and ServiceCenter both became unavailable.  After about 12-hours, I could access parts of the ServiceCenter, but could not publish anything.   My environment showed only 76% full.

I deleted some applications and e-spaces to try and free up space to deploy a dbClean, but was never able to.  In fact, it seems to have filled up my free space very quickly. 

Now, another 24 hours later, Service Studio will not work, with the following error:  Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.OSSYS_LOGIN_ATTEMPT'.'PK_OSSYS_LOGIN_ATTEMPT' in database 'BRYVT6052' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

I have submitted a support ticket, but personal environment so I don't expect help soon.

Any help is appreciated!  

Hello Derek

Just FYI, a couple of months ago we ran into a very similar issue. A temporary solution for us was deleting old eSpace versions and solutions. Though we had done that, turns out that an eSpace version that is linked to a Solution will not be deleted, so you need to first delete the solutions and then the eSpace versions. If you can't login to your Service Studio, then I'm guessing ServiceCenter will be unavailable as well.

In the process of helping us, the Outsystems team realized that there is a bug where certain versions and solutions tied to some lifetime versions were not being properly deleted.

In the end the solution was the outsystems team going into the DB and manually deleting anything old including tagged unused lifetime versions. They also told us that they were working on a fix for this bug, though they did not specify a release date, hopefully sometime soon.

Regards,

CLSJ

CLSJ, thank you for the information.  I haven't heard from the team yet but that sounds like it could be our issue as well because like I mentioned our space usage was not near our limit.  

The service center works intermittently but always fails on the xxx.outsystemscloud.com/ServiceCenter/eSpaces_List.aspx page.  If we're able to get in there, I'm confident we could delete enough old versions to clean up enough space to actually troubleshoot the problem.  

Thanks again, I'll post any resolutions to help others.

Hi Derek,

I am now facing similar issue. Do you have any resolutions for this problem?

Suan Wei Tan wrote:

Hi Derek,

So sometime on Saturday, it appears as though a scheduled task ran on our environment and cleaned up enough space to allow me access to the system again.  I then added the forge module DBAutoMaintainer, which further reduced my environment space to around 46%.  

I still think there's a bug with the lifetime not showing the actual amount of space used. I was at 76% when it locked up due to being full.  Once I was able to get back into the system, it still showed 76% full before I uploaded DBAutoMaintainer and let it run once.

Derek Tipton wrote:

Suan Wei Tan wrote:

Hi Derek,

So sometime on Saturday, it appears as though a scheduled task ran on our environment and cleaned up enough space to allow me access to the system again.  I then added the forge module DBAutoMaintainer, which further reduced my environment space to around 46%.  

I still think there's a bug with the lifetime not showing the actual amount of space used. I was at 76% when it locked up due to being full.  Once I was able to get back into the system, it still showed 76% full before I uploaded DBAutoMaintainer and let it run once.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am currently using personal environment. I will email the outsystem support to see whether they can assist to clear some space. This is weird as I just signed up and barely did anything other than a few tutorials....