[DB Cleaner on Steroids] Emails don't delete

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 16 Aug by Stacey Levine
11 votes
Published on 16 Aug by Stacey Levine

I'm trying to delete emails with DB Cleaner On Steroids, but when I click Delete All or the delete button for the eSpace I get the confirmation alert, then I click OK and nothing happens. I've attached a debugger and the DELETE statements get called, and the CommitTransaction executes and no errors are thrown, but the email records still persist.

If I delete the same email records with DBCleaner they delete no problem.

I'm not sure what the issue can be since the DELETE statements for both components looks identical.

Solution

I figured out why it wasn't working.  Your query to get the data sets the OlderThan date based on a weeks/months filter.  It multiplies the number by either 7 or 30 and then calculates the date.  To delete the data however it was checking based on a years/months filter and multiplying by either 365 or 30.  So when I specified 6 weeks it actually was trying to delete stuff older than 6 months.  I fixed my local version so hopefully your next version is fixed too.

Also, for when there's lots of data it would be cool if you could set the default timeout to get data.

Solution