What is this problem? ?Refresh the parts instead of the entire screen?

I used Debugger to check the flow of the page load happening when clicking the "Easy,Normal,Hard,Random" buttons .

Also, I have confirmed that there is a glitch in terms of refreshing the screen rather than the parts of the screen.  I have a hunch that the entire screen refreshes when you click any of the four buttons .

The glitch is that you see the screen sway a bit like a flash for a second when you click the buttons on ToNext container.

Such glitch won't happen when you click "Answer" "Hint" button.

I mean I want only three red parts to refresh when pressing the "Easy" "Normal" "Hard" button

I was wondering if you could take a look at my app so you can see the glitch in detail.

I have the link to my app below.I'd like you to click the link and check for the glitch.

https://tsubasa-yoshikawa.outsystemscloud.com/FlashEnglish/HomePage.aspx

I have attached the .oap file.

Could you tell me about what is my next move?

I need your heip.

Best regards,

Solution

Hi Tsubasa,

I didn't look at the .oap file, but refreshing the page instead of only a part of the page when clicking a button is most likely caused by having the "Method" field of the button set to "Submit" instead of "Ajax submit". (see attached printscreen)

Solution

Tsubasa Yoshikawa wrote:

I used Debugger to check the flow of the page load happening when clicking the "Easy,Normal,Hard,Random" buttons .

Also, I have confirmed that there is a glitch in terms of refreshing the screen rather than the parts of the screen.  I have a hunch that the entire screen refreshes when you click any of the four buttons .

The glitch is that you see the screen sway a bit like a flash for a second when you click the buttons on ToNext container.

Such glitch won't happen when you click "Answer" "Hint" button.

I mean I want only three red parts to refresh when pressing the "Easy" "Normal" "Hard" button

I was wondering if you could take a look at my app so you can see the glitch in detail.

I have the link to my app below.I'd like you to click the link and check for the glitch.

https://tsubasa-yoshikawa.outsystemscloud.com/FlashEnglish/HomePage.aspx

I have attached the .oap file.

Could you tell me about what is my next move?

I need your heip.

Best regards,

Hi,

you have to use ajax refresh.

Please follow the below link in order to use ajax refresh.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Implement_Application_Logic/Use_Ajax_to_Refresh_Part_of_a_Screen

regards,

Pankaj

Timothy de Vries wrote:

Hi Tsubasa,

I didn't look at the .oap file, but refreshing the page instead of only a part of the page when clicking a button is most likely caused by having the "Method" field of the button set to "Submit" instead of "Ajax submit". (see attached printscreen)

Sorry,I didnot see your attached printscreen here.  Did you send it  in .jpeg or png ?

What format did you use?

Hello Tsubasa Yoshikawa

If you want to refresh the part of screen or a component ,give a name to the part of the screen or component so that you can use it for ajax refresh.

Hope,In your case ajax refresh should happen for Level-Expression and Input field - Japanese.

Enclose the level expression with container and give a meaningful name to it and a name for  input field japanese as well and use an action to capture click of button like random,Hard,Easy,Normal and ajax refresh the screen

(Note:Do not forget to make button submit method to ajax submit)