Hi all,


Looked around different topics on the forums but haven't seen a question that goes into navigating to a different web screen yet. Apologies if I missed it.


I want to make it so that when a user clicks on the 'X' on the popup screen, instead of refreshing the page or running a server action, they are instead sent to another page within the app. I attached a screenshot of the screen action that is running the popup/popup_editor_notify, with what I had hoped to achieve. It doesn't seem like Popup_Editor_Notify is able to send a new destination, though that is essentially what I am trying to do.

Is this the correct way to go about this? Or do I need to go with a different approach?


Thanks!

Hi Cody,

What you can do is in the noifify screen action created from the screen where you are calling this popup. It is to direct to the desired screen or url.

Eduardo Benites wrote:

Hi Cody,

What you can do is in the noifify screen action created from the screen where you are calling this popup. It is to direct to the desired screen or url.

I think I see what you are saying, but the issue with that is the popup appears then immediately changes screen, and no time is given to actually read the popup. I want the user to interact with the popup FIRST, then change the screen.


Cody Zehner wrote:

Eduardo Benites wrote:

Hi Cody,

What you can do is in the noifify screen action created from the screen where you are calling this popup. It is to direct to the desired screen or url.

I think I see what you are saying, but the issue with that is the popup appears then immediately changes screen, and no time is given to actually read the popup. I want the user to interact with the popup FIRST, then change the screen.



Hi, i think what Eduardo means is, that the parent does the redirect after it receives the notification from the popup and not the popup. So what you do:

In the parent:

show the popup and create a new OnNotify Screen Action for the poup

In the popup

add the Notify Action as you already did and right afterwards a popup close.

In the OnNotify Screen Action

Redirect the user to another screen.

Stefan

Stefan Weber wrote:

Cody Zehner wrote:

Eduardo Benites wrote:

Hi Cody,

What you can do is in the noifify screen action created from the screen where you are calling this popup. It is to direct to the desired screen or url.

I think I see what you are saying, but the issue with that is the popup appears then immediately changes screen, and no time is given to actually read the popup. I want the user to interact with the popup FIRST, then change the screen.



Hi, i think what Eduardo means is, that the parent does the redirect after it receives the notification from the popup and not the popup. So what you do:

In the parent:

show the popup and create a new OnNotify Screen Action for the poup

In the popup

add the Notify Action as you already did and right afterwards a popup close.

In the OnNotify Screen Action

Redirect the user to another screen.

Stefan

Exactly!

Eduardo


Ok, I think I'm seeing a little more clearly. Though, when I put the OnNotify Screen Action on the popup itself, what do I put in the argument on the Popup_Editor_Notify action if I don't have any other buttons on the popup itself? I don't see an ID that I can link to with the 'X'. Do I need to add some sort of button in order to accomplish this?

Solution

Cody Zehner wrote:

Ok, I think I'm seeing a little more clearly. Though, when I put the OnNotify Screen Action on the popup itself, what do I put in the argument on the Popup_Editor_Notify action if I don't have any other buttons on the popup itself? I don't see an ID that I can link to with the 'X'. Do I need to add some sort of button in order to accomplish this?

Cody,
Change the logic by removing the navigation to the "AdminPage" screen of this logic and in place you put the "End" element.
The question of what to pass in "Popup_Editor_Notify" will depend on whether your "AdminPage" screen needs any parameters. Can you say here if so?
If the answer is no, you can set "Popup_Editor_Notify" to the value "" (empty). Otherwise, assign the desired value.

Soon after, your screen where the popup is being called was created a logic called "Notify", it will navigate to the "AdminPage" screen, as you are doing in the current logic.
And as in step, if you assigned any value to "Popup_Editor_Notify", you will be able to capture it with the "NotifyGetMessage" logic, and then assign it to the "AdminPage" screen.


Solution