Hi,

I have created a new service API with few CURD option methods. In these I could able to expose the Add and Retrieve methods. But for retrieval of particular record by passing uniqueIDentity value which was not working. I'm not sure why its causing. I have added the Input Parameter for ID and Receive In as Header instead of URL. I could able to expose this methods into the Application but while execution it's not returning the True state even when the record for that ID exists. Could you please elaborate it for me how to expose the header values while API while hits to Service calls via any separate web application.

Thanks,
Jagadeeshwaran M

Hi Jagadeeshwaran,

For the GET function is its common usage to pass the input parameter in the URL, but it should of course also work when you pass it in the header.

You can put a breakpoint in your API method at the start, and then use the application that consumes the method or a tool like PostMan to call the method.

Using the debugger I am pretty sure you get insight to what the root cause of your problem is.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Jagadeeshwaran,

For the GET function is its common usage to pass the input parameter in the URL, but it should of course also work when you pass it in the header.

You can put a breakpoint in your API method at the start, and then use the application that consumes the method or a tool like PostMan to call the method.

Using the debugger I am pretty sure you get insight to what the root cause of your problem is.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yeah now I found the issue via debugging, had issue in Service flowchart and it has been fixed. Thank you very much for your guidance.

And I'm having another question, whenever I add new service method (Expose it from Service API) into the WebApplication (where service API created seperately), its creating a new data structure in the name of Table2, Table3, etc .,. from second method addition only for those which has return result like 'Data Model' structure (Ex. Fetch record by ID from Table). Could you please comment on this.

Thanks
Jagaadeeshwaran M

That sounds like it creates record structures that are already there.

So if you have a structure called Table and add another one a sequence number is added at the end.

If the structures are the same, you can throw awain the Table2 and Table3 and replace the references to them with Table.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

That sounds like it creates record structures that are already there.

So if you have a structure called Table and add another one a sequence number is added at the end.

If the structures are the same, you can throw awain the Table2 and Table3 and replace the references to them with Table.

Hi Daniel,

If I delete the table2 and Table3 from structure it throws error with entire application, and also I'm unable to change the reference from Table2 to Table name. It looks like was read only DataType.

Thanks,
Jagadeeshwaran M

Hi,

Just double click on the error message in the true change window, that wil bring you to the place in service studio where you can fix the error.

Regards,

Daniel