[InAppBrowser Plugin] CheckInAppBrowserPlugin retuns false

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 18 Oct by OutSystems R&D
9 votes
Published on 18 Oct by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

The InAppBrowserPlugin is not working for me. I'm always getting a false after I do the CheckInAppBrowserPlugin ... 

Can someone help me?

Thx

Solution

Hi,

•  If you are testing your application on Web-Browser then just to update you :)  Corodova Plugins are not supported on web browsers & thus most the plugin handle this check by IsCordovadefined Check.  Cordova Plugins & its actions are only supported on Devices.
  • You might be trying to run the application on WebBrowser to check the Social Media sharing & thus because there's an action CheckInAppBrowserPlugin in Start, it will always return false & throw you an exception.
  • You can check it on Mobile Device, but make sure you generate a new build after you added the plugin in Project, Otherwise you will face an issue .. XYZ Action not defined.
Solution

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi,

•  If you are testing your application on Web-Browser then just to update you :)  Corodova Plugins are not supported on web browsers & thus most the plugin handle this check by IsCordovadefined Check.  Cordova Plugins & its actions are only supported on Devices.
  • You might be trying to run the application on WebBrowser to check the Social Media sharing & thus because there's an action CheckInAppBrowserPlugin in Start, it will always return false & throw you an exception.
  • You can check it on Mobile Device, but make sure you generate a new build after you added the plugin in Project, Otherwise you will face an issue .. XYZ Action not defined.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's working for me now. I just had to rebuild the project :-D

Happy to know;

Cheers