Dynamic Count of Workflow approvers

Hi guys, I'm currently learning BPT in outsystems, I just want to know if dynamic count of approver is possible.

Ex. I have a table/mantenance module for approvers in where I can add and arrange their heirarchy.

Hi Clint,

Human activities are assigned to users based on roles. Or you can dynamically assign to a user group.

Either way they are stored in entities so you can use s aggregate to dynamically count them.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Clint,

Human activities are assigned to users based on roles. Or you can dynamically assign to a user group.

Either way they are stored in entities so you can use s aggregate to dynamically count them.

Regards,

Daniel

sorry for my misleading question, I do not want to count them, what I meant is, it is possible to create a workflow with dynamic number of approvers.

Ex. I currently have 3 approvers.

Senior => Head => Manager

now I want to insert a new approver,

Senior => Supervisor => Head => Manager

is it possible during run time?

Clint Menguito wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Clint,

Regards,

Daniel

sorry for my misleading question, I do not want to count them, what I meant is, it is possible to create a workflow with dynamic number of approvers.

Ex. I currently have 3 approvers.

Senior => Head => Manager

now I want to insert a new approver,

Senior => Supervisor => Head => Manager

is it possible during run time?

for that, you need to create a junction entity and using that Junction entity you can easily add the approver hierarchy of an employee. I hope this will help you.

Thank you,

Sudip

You have to define an attribute like "superior" with foreign key of type ApproverId to the approver entity to define this hierarchy.

But there is no way I can loop human activity action.

Hi Clint, 

I am sorry,  but you describe your problem every time different.

You where talking how to dynamically determine a hirarchy in your Approver entity.

You need to better describe what is the problem you try to solve or are confronted with in order to get better answers.

So what is it you want to achieve?

Is it that multiple approvers should be able to open the human activity in their taskbox?

Regards,

Daniel

here is my problem,

1 admin can assign hierarchies and number of approvers on runtime (i do not have any problem with this)

Ex. Head1 => Head2 => Manager1 => Manager2

then i have a user that can upload an attachments, then once submitted the attachment/s will under go the workflow created by the admin.

I can do this
But when the admin change the hierarchy or add a new approver, ofcourse the process will not replicate.

How can I do this dynamically

Hi,

I am not sure how to solve this, I better leave this for someone else to answer.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Clint,

I'm assuming that the hierarchy is stored in database. 

So, in BPT you have to include a branch that verifies if there's a next approver in hierarchy. 

Then you assign the hierarchy group or user to the activity.

Something like that

And the branch content