I am Unable to Start My Personal Outsystems Environment

Hi,

I am unable to open my personal environment i have shared screenshot please solve this problem as soon as possible.

Hi Himanshu,

Maybe you haven't used your personal environment from long back.

please visit the link and wakeup your account might solve your error.

https://www.outsystems.com/home/


Regards,

Pankaj

Himanshu Verma wrote:

Hi,

I am unable to open my personal environment i have shared screenshot please solve this problem as soon as possible.

Hi,

Just log in from the web, maybe it is in sleep mode. You need to awake in your personal environment.


Regards,

Amreen


Pankaj pant wrote:

Hi Himanshu,

Maybe you haven't used your personal environment from long back.

please visit the link and wakeup your account might solve your error.

https://www.outsystems.com/home/


Regards,

Pankaj


Hi Pankaj,

My Personal  environment is not in sleep mode but now i am restart my personal environment and also share previous one screenshot please check it.

Amreen Shaikh wrote:

Himanshu Verma wrote:

Hi,

I am unable to open my personal environment i have shared screenshot please solve this problem as soon as possible.

Hi,

Just log in from the web, maybe it is in sleep mode. You need to awake in your personal environment.


Regards,

Amreen

Hi Amreen.,

My Personal  environment is not in sleep mode but now i am restart my personal environment and also share previous one screenshot please check it.



Himanshu Verma wrote:

Amreen Shaikh wrote:

Himanshu Verma wrote:

Hi,

I am unable to open my personal environment i have shared screenshot please solve this problem as soon as possible.

Hi,

Just log in from the web, maybe it is in sleep mode. You need to awake in your personal environment.


Regards,

Amreen

Hi Amreen.,

My Personal  environment is not in sleep mode but now i am restart my personal environment and also share previous one screenshot please check it.



yesterday same happened with me.....just restart the environment and try to login...it will get log in.


Solution

Hi,


If you still unable to login, its better to raise ticket to Outsystems (https://www.outsystems.com/SupportPortal/CaseOpen/)


Regards

Solution

Thanks.

Now my Personal environment is working