iOS 13 Dark Mode
Question

With iOS officially releasing the Dark Mode setting for apps compiled for iOS13, will Outsystems be building in anything to help with this?  I can see there being a lot of work to determine if your application will look ok in dark mode, and having to write specific code or css to modify UI's based on the setting.  I know starting out you can define via a plist setting if your app supports the dark mode setting, but I could see Apple making it a requirement in future releases.

Hi Jason

As apps are rendered inside a webview using HTML, CSS and JS; and AFAIK do not use any native iOS graphic elements other than the webview, I do not think there will be a problem with designing for dark mode, though you will not be able to use this native functionality either.

Good question though! Hopefully someone from the OS team can confirm or deny my allegations.

-CLSJ

So a long time, no one from the OS team confirms this. So now I am facing the problem with dark mode.

Hi there! I am facing a problem right now related to the IOS dark mode. The StatusBar.StyleDefault in the dark mode has the font in white color which isn't possible to read with a white bar. How do you solve your problem? Do you have some ideias?
Thanks!

Kind Regards.  

Hi Alexandre Roberto, I used EditPlistFilePlugin to solve my problem, inside this plugin you can find the plugin.xml file and add a new key as I highlight then publish and add dependency with your mobile app.

I still have the same problem :( 

As you can see when the IOS is dark mode the status bar have it content in white color, which is not possible to see (I am using StatusBar_StyleDefault).

I did the following steps:

• Copy the repository files in git to a personal repository;
  • Make the changes you said above;
  • Change the URL in extensibility configurations;
  • Add dependency to my mobile app;
  • Install the app in Iphone;

Did i something wrong? Do you have any ideas?
Thanks and sorry to bother.

Kind Regards.

Did you try with the plugin I mention above? I just used that plugin and set the UIUserInterfaceStyle to light. Image bellow from my app. 

Hi Luc!
It is already solved!
THank you so much :)

I did as you said, but i needed to add the next few lines: 

In my case it solves the problem. Once again, thank you.

Kind Regards.

Alexandre Roberto

• Change the URL in extensibility configurations; 

What changes need to do in extensibility configurations ?

Hi @Amol Pandharpure !

First access the extensibility configurations of Edit Plist File Module.
After this you just need to specify the the link to your github file.
I did what is in the next image:

Kind Regards.

our github file means plugin.xml file ? Is it a path of xml file ?

what url to use ?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.