Getting error on using separate aggregates involving two different static entities

Hi Developers,

I am facing a weird problem in my existing mobile application which was developed in OS 10 after upgrading it to OS 11. i am trying my best to describe the scenario below:

There are few static entities which are present in the application. Now if a screen is fetching the values of more than one static entities as separate aggregates, I am getting the below error when i open the screen in an actual mobile device:

INVALID_STATE_ERR: send flag is true

I am not getting this error in two situations: a) opening the application in the browser emulator of Google Chrome and b) if there is only one aggregate in the screen.

However, the same screen used to work perfectly in OS 10. As per the best of my knowledge, I don't think that there is any restriction in usage of more than one aggregates of different static entities in OutSystems.

Has anyone of you faced similar issues? I am also attaching the error stack of service center.

Best regards,

Shounak

Hello Shounak,

Did you try to uninstall and install again the application in the device? (just to kill this possibility).
If yes already, or if after doing this, it may be a bug.

Do you have a simple mobile module that reproduces this?

Cheers.

Hi Shounak,

How do you know the error comes from the aggregates?

My guess would be it's your SSL_Pinning plugin.

Hi Shounak,

I couldn't reproduce your error in a brand new application.
Did you rebuild the package after the upgrade?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Shounak,

Did you try to uninstall and install again the application in the device? (just to kill this possibility).
If yes already, or if after doing this, it may be a bug.

Do you have a simple mobile module that reproduces this?

Cheers.

Hi,

I did try to uninstall and then install again the application in the device. I am getting the problem even after that.

I am soon going to upload a simple mobile module for your help soon.

Regards,

Shounak


Stefano Valente wrote:

Hi Shounak,

How do you know the error comes from the aggregates?

My guess would be it's your SSL_Pinning plugin.

Hi,

After analyzing the logs, I suspected the same and completely analyzed the SSL Pinning plugin. Even updated the plugin to the latest version. But after some more analysis I found that if i keep only one aggregate of static entity in the problematic screen, the error is not reproduced. As soon as I am using more than one, i am getting this error.

Regards,

Shounak


Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Shounak,

I couldn't reproduce your error in a brand new application.
Did you rebuild the package after the upgrade?

Cheers.

Yes, I rebuilt the application soon after OS 11 upgrade.

Regards,

Shounak


Hi All,

I noticed that I am not facing this issue if i create a new sample application. The problem is only occurring with the application which was developed in OS 10 and then migrated to OS 11. This is really strange. 

Unfortunately i am not allowed to upload the original application in which I am facing this problem in open forums 

:(

With best regards,

Shounak Devbhuti

Hi Shounak, 

You can try a few things. 

1. Copy paste the screen that is causing the problem and replace it. 

2. Create a new screen from scratch and replace the one with problems. 

3. Clone the module and replace the one with problems. 

4. Create a new module and copy the code and screens from the one with problems. 

5. Try to fix the module using servicestudio at command line with option -recover <espace.oml>

6. Open a support ticket.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers. 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Shounak, 

You can try a few things. 

1. Copy paste the screen that is causing the problem and replace it. 

2. Create a new screen from scratch and replace the one with problems. 

3. Clone the module and replace the one with problems. 

4. Create a new module and copy the code and screens from the one with problems. 

5. Try to fix the module using servicestudio at command line with option -recover <espace.oml>

6. Open a support ticket.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers. 

Hi,

We tried all the points from #1 to #5 but, nothing seemed to resolve this issue. 

Additionally I did a small experiment, I removed the references of SSLPinning plugin from the application and republished the application. After removing SSLPinning, the application seems to work fine. Also I have noticed that the issue is only reproducible in Android devices. 

I raised a support ticket with OutSystems on 3rd September but, unfortunately there is no positive response from the outSystems support as well. 

Now, I am wondering probably the SSLPinning plugin might be the culprit. i have even updated the SSL Pinning plugin to the latest version. Still the issue is present.

With best regards,

Shounak Devbhuti 


Hello Shounak, 

Did you receive any answer from support or none at all? 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Shounak, 

Did you receive any answer from support or none at all? 

Cheers

Hello Eduardo,

We didn't receive any answer from the support even after escalating the support case.

Regards,

Shounak


Solution

Hi All,

OutSystems accepted this as a genuine issue with SSL Pinning Plugin. They have modified the the respective code in github which is being used by the SSL Pinning Plugin. We have have tested this with the new modified plugin and now the issue is resolved.

The fix will be published in Forge on 25th September in SSL Pinning Plugin. With this update, the issue will be fixed for all.

Hence I am marking this as solved.

With best regards,

Shounak Devbhuti

Solution