I've not been able to the Email Configuration in service centre. Can someone help with this?

Typically what happens when I click "save" is the loading message appears and then I go to an error page after a few minutes. Saving is unsuccessful.

The following errors appear after the save fails. 

Cache Invalidation Service status is down in Environment Health but running Test Connection in the server from Configuration Tool is successful.

This is an on-premise installation.

Hi Quentin,

On the same server you have the configuration tool you need to go and start that Cache Invalidation Service.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Quentin,

On the same server you have the configuration tool you need to go and start that Cache Invalidation Service.

Regards,

Marcelo

I was trying to find this on the server earlier but didn't see it. 

Sorry if this is a silly question, is this a Windows service or something else? Just like to clarify so I can check tomorrow when I get back to the office.

I just noticed that the server has been sending email successfully since yesterday but the email configuration page is still not showing anything. Somehow the configuration is saved but not reflecting?

Solution

After some trial and error, my colleague who was working on the server managed to fix the issue by changing the virtual host in the configuration tool and running create/upgrade service. 

Now the email configuration saves fine and Environment Health shows the service status as OK.

Solution