Entities limitation in outsystems

Hi all,

is there any limitation for number of entities that can be defined in a module or can be associated with an extension(connecting to external database) ? 

I have one external SQL DB in Azure and it has 82 entities and 57 views. When i am trying to create an extension for it, then after selecting the entities, it is giving the following error while trying to import. 

# i use mysql - external tables -  and it has more than 50 tables, so far so good

Hi, there is no limit for entity creation. As much entities, you will create it will increase the AO of the environments. I hope you will know about AO, (Application Object). Check the No of AO you have used already. I think there is a Limitation of creating AO. I hope this will help you resolve the Issues. 


Thank you,

Sudip

Solution

Hi Debasis,

To my knowledge, there's no hard limit. Have you tried importing those tables in batches and seeing if you still get an error with smaller subsets?


Solution

Sudip Dey wrote:

Hi, there is no limit for entity creation. As much entities, you will create it will increase the AO of the environments. I hope you will know about AO, (Application Object). Check the No of AO you have used already. I think there is a Limitation of creating AO. I hope this will help you resolve the Issues. 


Thank you,

Sudip

Hi Sudip, thanks for the reply. There is no issue with AO here for sure as we have unlimited AO's plan. Moreover, i tired to connect to other SQL DB's with more than 140 entities and it worked. But seems there is some issue with the one i mentioned above. Need to check the external DB logs as well as the error says about the issue while retrieving the entities from a particular database.



# Did u try to to integrate little by little?

# I mean 10 entities and then another 10, etc?

Also please go to the service center and check the proper error and go ahead to solve it accordingly. I think it will be the best way to solve it. 


Thank you,

Sudip 

Hi Debasis,

If you click the OK button when the error message occurs, does the wizard continue and end?

In that case there is also a button that shows a result log of generation of entitities, maybe in that log you can find out where the problem is.

Else I would suggest to do it one by one, probably the problem is with only one or a few of the entities you now to try to generate all at once.

Regards,

Daniel

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Debasis,

To my knowledge, there's no hard limit. Have you tried importing those tables in batches and seeing if you still get an error with smaller subsets?



Actually with batches it worked :) .. Thank you for the suggestion Afonso ! 

Seems there is some limitation at the external DB end. But anyway, my requirement is accomplished.

cheers !

Glad to know you got it sorted out. Did you ever manage to find out the exact error? Was it logging to somewhere?

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Glad to know you got it sorted out. Did you ever manage to find out the exact error? Was it logging to somewhere?


Well it is not logging anything in Outsystems.  Also, I don't have access to External DB logs. Interesting thing is when i connect to the same DB via SQL server management studio, it results like a charm. But with Integration studio, i needed to go with workaround. Not sure if it has got any limitations with the overall no. of attributes or schema size while importing it to Outsystems. This is now a Gray area for me. Posted this here so as to get any advise from the experts globally.