Hi, 

We have an issue about button's client&server validation, When there is a error on client validation, we need to click twice to navigate.

It will not occurred when using server side validate. 

So, do you have an suggestion how to validate in client and be able to click Navigate button in one click?

Or if you could tell me why this happened would be appreciate.

My environment version is 11.0.415.0 on-premise.

Here is a sample page screenshot. 

Thanks,

Chaiwat Meetanatharvorn wrote:

Hi, 

We have an issue about button's client&server validation, When there is a error on client validation, we need to click twice to navigate.

So, do you have an suggestion how to validate in client and be able to click Navigate button in one click?

Thanks,

Hi Chaiwat,

Can you please share your OML?

Best Regards,

FV

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Chaiwat Meetanatharvorn wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks,

Hi Chaiwat,

Can you please share your OML?

Best Regards,

FV

Hi FV,

Thank you for reply. 

There is a wrong information about how to set up the navigate button. 

The back button's setting as follows;

1.Method:  Submit 

2.Validation: server

3.Destination: (Current Screen) (*in real code, there is a logic inside back button to decide where to navigate)

I am sorry that I can't send you an OML file due to company policy.

Thanks,

Hi,

I managed to create an eSpace in my own personal environment.

Could you please check this OML file.

How to show an issue;

1. Click at Client Button

2. Click at ToNextPage

you will notice that first click wasn't run. 

Thanks,

Solution

Hello Chaiwat,

This seems a bug. I'll inform the OutSystems team.

As a workaround, if you don't need to submit files to the server, you can use Ajax Submit in the ToNetPage button, as this will make the button work as expected.

Also, if the ToNextButton is built only in case the validation is successful, using an IF and a boolean variable that becomes true only in case validation is ok, it works as expected. But is difficult to make it disappear if the user changes a previous input and validation client & side is being used.

I'll pass this to the team.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Chaiwat,

This seems a bug. I'll inform the OutSystems team.

As a workaround, if you don't need to submit files to the server, you can use Ajax Submit in the ToNetPage button, as this will make the button work as expected.

Also, if the ToNextButton is built only in case the validation is successful, using an IF and a boolean variable that becomes true only in case validation is ok, it works as expected. But is difficult to make it disappear if the user changes a previous input and validation client & side is being used.

I'll pass this to the team.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

Thank you for an advise.

We will use Ajax submit to solve the problem.

Cheers,