Hi,

I'm working on a mobile application and I'm facing a problem. I only want to show a link, on the Menu web block, if the Net Status is Online and if online, the user needs to have a certain role.

I was thinking of using a boolean local variable and on the OnInitialize event check the net status and if the user has the role and depending on that, change the value of the boolean.

But I have seen that it's not a best practice to do this kind of validations on the OnInitialize.

Any idea on where to do this?

André Vieira wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on a mobile application and I'm facing a problem. I only want to show a link, on the Menu web block, if the Net Status is Online and if online, the user needs to have a certain role.

I was thinking of using a boolean local variable and on the OnInitialize event check the net status and if the user has the role and depending on that, change the value of the boolean.

But I have seen that it's not a best practice to do this kind of validations on the OnInitialize.

Any idea on where to do this?

Use GetNetworkStatus() on the Menu Layout itself to set the Visibility & also add the NetworkStatusChange block to reflect connectivity results