Can Block/Screen local variables and parameters be placed in alphabetical order?

I have recently taken on a project that other developers have worked on, in several web blocks and screen there are a large number of local variables as well as input/Output parameters.  When looking for a specific variable I find I am having to look through the entire list to see if it is there, this would be much easier if the list of variables was displayed in alphabetical ortder.

Is there a wasy to do this or do I have to add them to the methods in alphabetical order? an example of how it looks now is below:

Hi Jim,

What you could do is define structures with related parameters.

You could create a structure URL with two parameters called SuccesURL and FailURL

Then you create parameters of this structure named OnCard, OnVoucher, OnLonServiceAward, OnRewardRecognition, etc.

Regards,

Daniel

Makes sense, thanks, I will look at this in future, I just wish it was automatically alphabetised on creation.

Hi Jim,

You can rearrange the sequence by dragging them, but you can't put locals before inputs for example.  Is that what you mean, you'd like to rearrange them ?  It would be a manual job though, so only worth the boredom if you actually need to go in and change things regularly, imo.  

For the occasional fix of a module, you can also use the 'Search in this Module'.

Dorine

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Jim,

You can rearrange the sequence by dragging them, but you can't put locals before inputs for example.  Is that what you mean, you'd like to rearrange them ?  It would be a manual job though, so only worth the boredom if you actually need to go in and change things regularly, imo.  

For the occasional fix of a module, you can also use the 'Search in this Module'.

Dorine

This is pretty much exaclty what I was after, yes you are right, its annoying its boring and I have to work through A LOT