Connecting to a server multiple times.

Is there a library that can connect to a server multiple times? We have a project where in we need to create a folders for example in the server. 

PROCESS

1. We have a file having multiple lines.

2. Process the file and create the folder/s in the server per line.

3. Since it's a loop, we have a session to login to server - create a folder - logout - next record.....

Note: After a number of records, succeeding folders are not created anymore.

Hi Elly,

You may want to check the FileSystem component, it allows your web applications to access the server's filesystem (so they can create folders, etc). If you use it along with a Timer to do asynchronous bulk work after you upload the file (this Medium article on building safe timers is quite enlightening).

Hope this helps

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Elly,

You may want to check the FileSystem component, it allows your web applications to access the server's filesystem (so they can create folders, etc). If you use it along with a Timer to do asynchronous bulk work after you upload the file (this Medium article on building safe timers is quite enlightening).

Hope this helps

Thanks for reply Jorge. Actually we already tried this and still we are disconnected to the server after processing 4 - 5 lines in the file. I hope I just missed a procedure/s on this.

Hi Elly,

With the approach I described, you wouldn't be disconnected from the server, once you upload the original file, everything is done internally on the server. If the Timer times out after processing 4 - 5 lines in the file, you definitely want to check the Medium article I mentioned. It explains how to build a Timer that does partial jobs and re-schedules itself to do more processing (thus avoiding timeouts).

Can you clarify what you have tried, with some detail please?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Elly,

With the approach I described, you wouldn't be disconnected from the server, once you upload the original file, everything is done internally on the server. If the Timer times out after processing 4 - 5 lines in the file, you definitely want to check the Medium article I mentioned. It explains how to build a Timer that does partial jobs and re-schedules itself to do more processing (thus avoiding timeouts).

Can you clarify what you have tried, with some detail please?

Hi Jorge,

Is this applicable to Linux Server? If yes, where can we put the credentials?

Hi Elly,

That's the kind of information that would be useful upfront (platform on the Java stack). If you open the component page you will see it is only for .NET. 

I don't think there's any component created that would do what you want on the Java stack, so you would need to implement that as an extension. The rest of the approach is valid no matter the stack, as Timers are a standard feature of OutSystems.