Hello I would like to ask a question, Is there any compatibility issue with Outsystems 11 and Internet Explorer 11? Do we have to take any special precaution?

Thank You

Norman In

ps: asking this question because according to the documentation there shouldnt be any problem with intgernet explorer 11 compatibility  but for some reason I finding on forums many issues related to IE 11

Well, IE 11 is of course even discouraged by Microsoft itself, so that's not too strange :). In general it should work, but since IE 11 doesn't support many modern web standards (or at least not correctly), you shouldn't be surprised it sometimes doesn't work exactly as intended.

Hi Norman,

The problem isn't the platform itself but the modern standards as Kilian mentioned. There are some HTML tags that aren't supported in Internet Explorer, same for styles.

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Hi Norman,

The problem isn't the platform itself but the modern standards as Kilian mentioned. There are some HTML tags that aren't supported in Internet Explorer, same for styles.

Hi Rolo long time no see and thank you

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, IE 11 is of course even discouraged by Microsoft itself, so that's not too strange :). In general it should work, but since IE 11 doesn't support many modern web standards (or at least not correctly), you shouldn't be surprised it sometimes doesn't work exactly as intended.

Thank you, unfortunatly it needs to be IE proof, guess this is gonna be thorny

We also have IE11 as primary browser (but are in the process of migrating our apps to HTML5). My experience with OS11 is that it works most of the time in IE11.

I would however take up this company policy with management since IE11 is getting old real fast. It doesn't comply with a lot of web standards, it's not maintained anymore and it's becoming a security hazard. If you want or need to stay in the Microsoft eco systems (as we are also doing) I really can recommend taking a look at Edge on Chromium. The release is imminent and works on a variate of operations systems (unlike regular Edge). Check it out here: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download?form=MI13E8&OCID=MI13E8. I'm running in the Dev channel and haven't run into any real issues over the past few months.