Not able to pass value to User initaited service call.

Hi

I am implementing the user-initiated service call, It's working fine when I pass any hardcoded value "id" to a service. But now I am trying to implement the service call, where the user can enter a text in the text box and on button click he can get the response.

The difficulty I am facing is how to pass the textbox local variable to a client action which I have created in order to perform a service call.

I tried to create a local variable of text box but I need help in passing that value to the client action variable. I even tried creating a local database but I still face the same issue which is how to assign value to the client acton.

Thanks 

Shobhun Shah

Hi Shobhun Shah,

Can you provide oml for this or provide images so find out actual problem.

Kind Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Shah!

Do you mean web service call or else?

regards

Solution

Hi Shobhun  Shah,

If you have defined a Local Variable (let's call UserInput) it and you are using in for your Input (the text box), then you just need to add an Input Parameter to the Client Action (let's call the client action MyAction, and it's input Value) and when you call the MyAction set the Value input parameter to the value of UserInput.

This seems to me to be trivial logic that you should be able to come up with on your own after following online or classroom training.

Hope this helps

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Shobhun  Shah,

If you have defined a Local Variable (let's call UserInput) it and you are using in for your Input (the text box), then you just need to add an Input Parameter to the Client Action (let's call the client action MyAction, and it's input Value) and when you call the MyAction set the Value input parameter to the value of UserInput.

This seems to me to be trivial logic that you should be able to come up with on your own after following online or classroom training.

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jorge!

I have achieved my goal earlier I was not getting the variable in suggestions.