Hi Team,

I need to design list-view with list item and inside list-item i have another list-view with list-item when user click on the list-item, but when i am trying to do this in mobile out systems it is not allowing me to add list-item inside the list-view which is under list-item.

1)We need to create list view inside list item .

2)And i need to perform on click of sub list item.

3)How to change list item icon on click.(like up and down arrow)

Please suggest me how to achieve this

Thanks

Harish

Hi Harish,

Not knowing the specifics of your use case, have you tried using a Block with a List inside, and then using that Block inside the ListItem of your parent list?

Hi Harish,

Like Afonso already wrote, if you need a List inside another List, or a List inside a Table Records, or a Table Records inside a Table Records, the only way to achieve this is by putting the inner widget in a Web Block (or Block, on Mobile).

If you need to communicate something from the Web Block to the parent Screen, use a Notify. If you are on Mobile, use Events.

Changing anything on a button click is done by Ajax Submit and Ajax Refresh.

Hi Afonso,

I tried with block it is not allowing me to add nested listitem. It is allowing me to add nested list with list item if drag and drop my structure inside the view.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Harish,

Not knowing the specifics of your use case, have you tried using a Block with a List inside, and then using that Block inside the ListItem of your parent list?

Thanks

Harish

Hi Harish,

I'm not sure what you mean, or what you did. A Web Block itself isn't allowing you to nest a List, but if you encapsulate the inner List in a Web Block, you can put that Web Block in the outer List.

I also don't understand what you did with the drag and drop, can you explain what you did and what the result was?

Hi Kilian,

Under list item i have taken a list view under that to create list item i have dragged my model to the nest listview it is given the list item then i have edited it as per my need.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Harish,

I'm not sure what you mean, or what you did. A Web Block itself isn't allowing you to nest a List, but if you encapsulate the inner List in a Web Block, you can put that Web Block in the outer List.

I also don't understand what you did with the drag and drop, can you explain what you did and what the result was?

Thanks

Harish

I placed a Block inside a ListItem:

And inside that Block, I defined another list with items:

I didn't have to drag any structures, and I don't get any errors. Is this not what you wanted to achieve in your first post?

Could you share some screenshots of what you have right now? I think Kilian and I would be better equipped to help you with those.

Hi Afonso,

But unable to add ListItem under Block1 list list-group .

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

I placed a Block inside a ListItem:

And inside that Block, I defined another list with items:

I didn't have to drag any structures, and I don't get any errors. Is this not what you wanted to achieve in your first post?

Could you share some screenshots of what you have right now? I think Kilian and I would be better equipped to help you with those.

Thanks

Harish

This is weird. Can you try copying my Block and using it on your List?

HI Afonso,

I want to add like below under the list list-group i want to add list-item but direct widget it is not allowing.

Thanks

Harish

Harish Yerra wrote:

HI Afonso,

I want to add like below under the list list-group i want to add list-item but direct widget it is not allowing.

Thanks

Harish

You can try to put the second list group inside a web block and use it in content area. Maybe it works, I can't test this now.

I think that just like in Desktop, nesting lists directly isn't supported. But is there a reason why you can't use the Block? Functionally, it will satisfy your requirement.

As per your sample if i take block then can i get the data from the inner list that i don't so i thought to take inner list, please let me know which one is better approach.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

I think that just like in Desktop, nesting lists directly isn't supported. But is there a reason why you can't use the Block? Functionally, it will satisfy your requirement.

Thanks

Harish

Solution

Do you mean that you want the parent page to know which item you clicked inside the Block? You can propagate this information with Events. You can create a new Event inside your Block, and trigger it every time one of the List Items is clicked. Then you add an Event Handler on the page that uses the Block, and you can receive the data.

Solution