We have a team of developers all working on several eSpaces, often two or three are working on the same espace in different areas at the same time.

Normally debugging isnt a problem but on occaision a user goes to lunch and leaves debugging on whilst locking there station.

This means that when debugging cetain choke points (like the login which happened today...) we have to wait for the user to get back from lunch or even worse until the next day if they are unavailable to contact.

There MUST be a way in the sertvice studio to allow an admin or another user to turn of debugging when a situation like arises.

How can this be resolved if it happens again or are we stuck until the user logs back in?

Well, you could reinstate corporal punishment for doing this :). Kidding aside, I know of no solution save resetting IIS (which you likely can't do), but I'll ask around.

Thanks Ill keep listening out if not Ill mark this as the solution... And buy a cane!

Solution

Hi Jim,

Did you try republishing the Module (and consumers, if applicable)? Since it'll produce a new version, the old version is still being debugged by your gluttonous collegue, but you can then debug the new version (in theory, I didn't try).

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jim,

Did you try republishing the Module (and consumers, if applicable)? Since it'll produce a new version, the old version is still being debugged by your gluttonous collegue, but you can then debug the new version (in theory, I didn't try).

oooohhh, I will give that a try and update when I find out

Well would you belive it? it worked! 

It seems your theory is correct, when locked out of a module during debugging a new published version allows you to update yours and not get caught in the debug!

Awesome! thank you!

Good to hear it works, though credit goes to the person I consulted :). Happy coding! (And buy that cane just in case :))

I would go for the corporal punishment. It always works flawless. :)