Hi, I am using the SimpleViewer Plug in in my web app. I am generating pdf and jpeg files but if it is a pdf file, it does not preview the file but instead automatically downloads it.  On my laptop it previews and it isn't downloaded but on other devices, it does not preview and it downloads. How can I prevent it to download? What could be the issue in this? Thanks for any help

Hi Dianara,

I think it depends on browsers capability to support viewing the file.  PDF js support or plugins/extensions.

Download is the fallback behaviour if preview is not supported.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Dianara,

I think it depends on browsers capability to support viewing the file.  PDF js support or plugins/extensions.

Download is the fallback behaviour if preview is not supported.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

So it depends on the browser that's why I'm able to view it but the others are automatically downloading it?

If you say other devices, you mean phones and tablets or laptops with same browser that you use where the preview does work?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

If you say other devices, you mean phones and tablets or laptops with same browser that you use where the preview does work?

Yes, other laptops with the same browser does download the files and doesn't preview. In my laptop it's otherwise

What browser are you using IE, Chrome, Edge, FireFox,Safari?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

What browser are you using IE, Chrome, Edge, FireFox,Safari?

Chrome. I'm using the SimpleVIewer - ViewURL Plugin

If you run the demo app in the browsers where you experience the problem, does it also download or does it show the PDF as in the screenshot below

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

If you run the demo app in the browsers where you experience the problem, does it also download or does it show the PDF as in the screenshot below

I selected the Display by URL and paste a sample URL of my PDF File, in my laptop it displays like the screenshot but on other laptops with the same browser, it downloads the file

Check out this:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Check out this:

I've checked this out, it's already turned off in the browser but still downloading the file

I am sorry, that is how far I can help... maybe someone else reading this can help you..

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

I am sorry, that is how far I can help... maybe someone else reading this can help you..

Ok, thanks anyway :)