I'm on version 11 of Service Studio.  If I create a web application based on the Liverpool template, it will not show the menu bar at all when I run in Chrome.  I have created just an empty application, run it and the menu doesn't show up.  It shows in my development environment, but not when I view in browser.  Does anyone have a clue why this doesn't work out of the box for me?  I've attached screenshots.

Thanks!

Hello Sylvia, 

Try create a table, and drag and drop this table on flow, publish and look again the menu in web chrome.

Maybe missing some table.

Thanks for your post.  No that doesn't work either.  I tried a different browser as well and get the same behavior.

May you send your .oml for we look?

sure.  its attached.  I removed the table since it made no difference.  I have put nothing in this application.  I was trying to just start from scratch to see if it was being caused by something I added.  so, I created an empty application and did nothing but set the template.  So, there appears to be something going on with the template in my environment...  Thanks for your help

Hi Sylvia, 

i reinstalled the livelpool template:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/918/liverpool-template

do download e publish in your environment, refresh references and publish.

Hi Sylvia,

I had this happen to me a few times before, and the issue you're having is caused by having a cookie.

Using Chrome's developer tools, with your site app open, look for a cookie named DEVICE_TYPE

It should look like this:

but yours doesn't, it has the value mobile, right?

You can either change the value manually or simply delete the cookie, and the platform will set the correct one automatically when you reload the page.

Agno Silveira wrote:

Hi Sylvia, 

i reinstalled the livelpool template:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/918/liverpool-template

do download e publish in your environment, refresh references and publish.

Thanks, Agno.  I already had Liverpool in my environment, so it performed an update.  I then refreshed and applied LiverpoolTheme in my app and published and I get the same thing.  :(  I did notice when I went to refresh my dependencies that there are two liverpool templates in my list in the "Manage Dependencies" window: LiverpoolTheme and Template_Liverpool.  My application depends on the LiverpoolTheme and not the Template_liverpool.  I'm guessing that Template_liverpool might be something created as a result of something I did earlier when experimenting with different things....

Carlos Ribeiro da Fonseca wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

I had this happen to me a few times before, and the issue you're having is caused by having a cookie.

Using Chrome's developer tools, with your site app open, look for a cookie named DEVICE_TYPE

It should look like this:

but yours doesn't, it has the value mobile, right?

You can either change the value manually or simply delete the cookie, and the platform will set the correct one automatically when you reload the page.

Thanks, Carlos....  I have attached a screenshot.  Device_type is set to "tablet".  I clicked on it and pressed the delete button to make it go away.  When I re-ran the application, I got the same result and when I looked at Device_type again, it was set to "tablet" again.

SO, I modified it in place to be "desktop".  I re-ran the application and I got the same result.  When I looked at Device_type again, it was set to "tablet" again.

:(  Might there be something in my outsystems development IDE that is causing it to always go to tablet?

Hmm...

Oh, I forgot an important part, after deleting the cookie close the developer tools and only then reload the page, because the developer tools typically pin to the right of the browser like this (in blue), they also bring up the device toolbar (the bit in red), which causes SilkUI to assume it's running in a tablet.

Hmm...

Oh, I forgot an important part, after deleting the cookie close the developer tools and only then reload the page, because the developer tools typically pin to the right of the browser like this (in blue), they also bring up the device toolbar (the bit in red), which causes SilkUI to assume it's running in a tablet.

Thanks, Carlos.  I've attached the steps I took, just to verify I'm doing the right things....  I still get the same result.

Welp, as a last resort you can try deleting all the cookies.

This will log you out from the web app too, which I suspect is necessary because the device type could be stored in the server somewhere.

Also, because the browser might cache some data, close it too.

Just to make sure you're seeing fresh data.

Welp, as a last resort you can try deleting all the cookies.

This will log you out from the web app too, which I suspect is necessary because the device type could be stored in the server somewhere.

Also, because the browser might cache some data, close it too.

Just to make sure you're seeing fresh data.

Unfortunately no success.  I cleared everything from chrome:  cookies, cache, web history.  Still doesn't affect it.  

I clicked on the Liverpool Template in Service Studio and it looks like the attached picture....it has less components than Lisbon.

Is there a way to completely remove Liverpool from my environment so that I can add it back (not an update, but a complete new install)?

I pulled lisbon and dublin down and they both behave normally for me when i create a test app.  

I don't think you can remove those components from the platform but you can change your modules so they don't use the Liverpool theme.

But that can be quite a bit of work, and it'll likely break some things.

Could you try a different browser to see if the same thing happens? (I'm using this, from the beta channel)

Also, does your device have a touch screen? Some laptops do, and that could be confusing Chrome or Silk UI or both.

I don't think you can remove those components from the platform but you can change your modules so they don't use the Liverpool theme.

But that can be quite a bit of work, and it'll likely break some things.

Could you try a different browser to see if the same thing happens? (I'm using this, from the beta channel)

Also, does your device have a touch screen? Some laptops do, and that could be confusing Chrome or Silk UI or both.

I tried IE and Edge...they have the same behavior.  I don't have a touch screen.  I'm on a laptop that is docked.

I googled a bit and it seems you can remove applications through the Service Center.  I removed Liverpool completely and then re-installed.  I still get the same behavior.  

I went back to an earlier app where I was creating a template based on Liverpool.  And I looked at the items in the Menu bar in Liverpool....

Please look in the attached file at what I found. I think this might be the issue for me?

Solution

Hi Sylvia,

have you tried actually adding at least one menu item to your menu.  

When I take your OML and publish, no menu bar shown.  Then drag the homepage to the menu bar, publish again, and menu is shown. 

your oml

after dragging menu item onto menu

Dorine

Solution

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

have you tried actually adding at least one menu item to your menu.  

When I take your OML and publish, no menu bar shown.  Then drag the homepage to the menu bar, publish again, and menu is shown. 

your oml

after dragging menu item onto menu

Dorine

Wow, Dorine.  You are so right!  Thanks so much for responding here!