add column

Hello,

I'm using a webservice that returns an array with the result of a select statement.

The array returned has as many positions as columns are selected - i.e. if the select has 3 columns the array length is 3;
Each position starts with the name of the column and the value of all records returned separated by ";"

The result looks something like this:

[0]=col_1; a1, b1, c1; ...

[1]=col_2; a2, b2, c2; ...

[2]=col_3; a3, b3, c3; ...

Next, using the string_split action from the Text extension I split the string and add each individual item to a record list.

And now the "problem" part - using this method the final result is a record list with n positions. But what I really need is to have multiple columns of data.

How can I get it to “create a new column” when the for each cycle reaches the end of one of the strings?

I'm thinking that I need a new record list to old all the columns I’m creating, but I’m stuck on how to do it…

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Hi Francisco,

This extension might help you solving the problem!

Best Regards,
--José Martins
Hi, tanks for your help.

I'm having some difficulty understanding how to use this extension.
Can you give me an example?

Thanks,
FMota
Hi Francisco,

You can take a look at the attached example on how to use the extension.
The extension allows you to create a table with a dynamic number of columns, that I guess it's what you are looking for, right?

The field Class on the Column and Cell structures can be filled with the Css style name.
The Properties list on the Cell structure can be filled with the Css style properties.
Regards,
José Martins
Yeah, that's it. I was trying to solve this one with records and record lists without great success...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Francisco
I am also having the same requirement.
Can you  provide the sample in v9.0please

José Martins
wrote:
Hi Francisco,

You can take a look at the attached example on how to use the extension.
The extension allows you to create a table with a dynamic number of columns, that I guess it's what you are looking for, right?

The field Class on the Column and Cell structures can be filled with the Css style name.
The Properties list on the Cell structure can be filled with the Css style properties.
Regards,
José Martins